2019-2020 Application Thread

Dwar

Just now, billk said:

Honestly, put us out of our misery already. Do you know if all the acceptances have been sent?

No idea, but if I had to guess I'd say most acceptances have probably been sent based on the results page (I'm generally pessimistic though, so grain of salt!)

20 minutes ago, SeriousDiver said:

According to a previous post here, they seem to have sent out at least one waitlist decision. 

Just got an email informing me I've been waitlisted at Berkeley. They said they had a particularly small cohort this year or they would have offered admission. ?‍♀️Hopefully it's a good sign though that I'm in the running at other Top 10 programs! 

1 minute ago, Mixedmethodsisa4letterword said:

mind to share your subfield and the format of the email?

comp politics. 

"I'm delighted to report that you've been admitted to Princeton's Ph.D. program in Politics with full tuition and fellowship support.  Congratulations!

You will be receiving details from the Graduate School by next week.  They will send the formal offer letter, which should take note of your funding package that will include five years of tuition and fees, as well as a generous twelve-month living stipend.

Meanwhile, I hope you will mark your calendar to visit Princeton on March 30-31, when we will be organizing a series of events to help you get acquainted with us.  Those events begin on the morning of Monday the 30th and will wrap up on the afternoon of Tuesday the 31st and should give you an opportunity to meet many of our faculty and current graduate students and hear more about our program.  We'll help with your travel costs and local arrangements.

We had a very large number of applications this year and could only admit a very small portion of them, so you are part of an extremely select group.  My colleagues who saw your application believe Princeton would be an excellent match for your interests and a superb option for you to continue your studies and lay the foundations for your future career.  We all look forward to meeting you and hope you decide to join us.

Please watch for the arrival of your admissions materials and feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.  If you have trouble reaching me or need help planning a visit, contact Julia Georgiana, the graduate program administrator at jgeorgiana@princeton.edu.  You can learn more about the Department of Politics at Princeton and our faculty through the departmental website at http://politics.princeton.edu."

2 minutes ago, SeriousDiver said:

comp politics. 

"I'm delighted to report that you've been admitted to Princeton's Ph.D. program in Politics with full tuition and fellowship support.  Congratulations!

You will be receiving details from the Graduate School by next week.  They will send the formal offer letter, which should take note of your funding package that will include five years of tuition and fees, as well as a generous twelve-month living stipend.

Meanwhile, I hope you will mark your calendar to visit Princeton on March 30-31, when we will be organizing a series of events to help you get acquainted with us.  Those events begin on the morning of Monday the 30th and will wrap up on the afternoon of Tuesday the 31st and should give you an opportunity to meet many of our faculty and current graduate students and hear more about our program.  We'll help with your travel costs and local arrangements.

We had a very large number of applications this year and could only admit a very small portion of them, so you are part of an extremely select group.  My colleagues who saw your application believe Princeton would be an excellent match for your interests and a superb option for you to continue your studies and lay the foundations for your future career.  We all look forward to meeting you and hope you decide to join us.

Please watch for the arrival of your admissions materials and feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.  If you have trouble reaching me or need help planning a visit, contact Julia Georgiana, the graduate program administrator at jgeorgiana@princeton.edu.  You can learn more about the Department of Politics at Princeton and our faculty through the departmental website at http://politics.princeton.edu."

Congrats!!!

What's your regional focus?

Edited by Mixedmethodsisa4letterword

3 minutes ago, SeriousDiver said:

comp politics. 

Congrats! That is wonderful. 

4 minutes ago, SeriousDiver said:

comp politics. 

Damn you are getting into everything! Would you mind sharing your profile, anonymizing facts that could identify you? Congratulations!

29 minutes ago, SeriousDiver said:

comp politics. 

Same here! (also CP) And same wording too. 

6 minutes ago, cardinal35 said:

Has anyone heard about the status of Michigan, UNC-Chapel Hill, or Rochester's applications or have an estimated date when we can hear decisions?

Michigan -- Sometime around Feb 7/8

UNC typically releases decisions in waves, sometimes over an extended period of time. We could probably hear back anytime.

38 minutes ago, Rachmaninoffovich said:

In light of all the recent acceptances (congratulations to all), is it safe to assume that if we haven't heard from Princeton yet that it's probably a no? Or might there be acceptances sent out tomorrow as well?

I doubt anyone here would have a reliable answer to that. I think staying positive is the best move!