2019-2020 Application Thread

Dwar

7 hours ago, starbucksqueen said:

Can someone post the generic email? 

Hi, all! Congrats to everyone admitted. I'd like to second this request for the Harvard generic email. Also, did admits' portals changed? Mine is still the same. I'm trying to figure out if the language @sloth_girl posted that they "admitted" (past tense) 25 people means they're definitively done. Just some neuroticism! I know last year they were done at this point, and some people getting the generic email is definitely a bad sign for the rest of us...still trying to hold out hope though!

52 minutes ago, pshopeful2020 said:

Hi, all! Congrats to everyone admitted. I'd like to second this request for the Harvard generic email. Also, did admits' portals changed? Mine is still the same. I'm trying to figure out if the language @sloth_girl posted that they "admitted" (past tense) 25 people means they're definitively done. Just some neuroticism! I know last year they were done at this point, and some people getting the generic email is definitely a bad sign for the rest of us...still trying to hold out hope though!

Also curious!

Long-time lurker! I finally made an account to ask this because Harvard is the last one I'm waiting on...

8 hours ago, phdwannabe510 said:

anyone else claiming a decision from George Mason? My application still states "application is under review". 

Also @GabriellaG , was it a generic acceptance email or a detailed one? Your answer will be much appreciated and most importantly, congratulations! 

It was fairly generic I think? Just an email from the head of Graduate Admissions and I checked the portal and it was also there as well. 

Also claiming a Yale rejection (completely expected haha). 

17 hours ago, pshopeful2020 said:

I received a portal update yesterday stating that I am waitlisted.  I assume that if they've sent out wait list notifications then they're done with acceptances as well. 

On 2/28/2020 at 4:58 PM, pshopeful2020 said:

So my friend who is at Harvard reached out to me because he saw my name on the admitted students list. He's a different subfield, so I think (along with the WL claims) this probably means they are done? 

Looks like the cycle is over for most people. Just wanted to echo what @Dwar said earlier; if things did not work out for you this cycle then do not be discouraged. For many of us it took more than one cycle to get into a good program and you can do it too! Good luck everyone.

Just got put on the "short waitlist" at CUNY with invitation to admitted students day- will anyone be denying acceptance??? Anybody have any idea how their waitlist works? Already live in Manhattan and would LOVE to go there.