2019-2020 Application Thread

Dwar

2 minutes ago, Mr_Spock2018 said:

Hi all, claiming a UChicago rejection.  Sorry about posting the accidental acceptance, didn't mean to shoot everyone's heart rate through the roof, lol.  Appreciate they got back to us before March.  

If i didn’t get one, does that mean waitlist?

Just now, Pol22222 said:

If i didn’t get one, does that mean waitlist?

unfortunately, there's no waitlist at UChicago (the delay between acceptances and rejections is because of the MA programs); the department admits with an anticipated yield in mind, and if people turn down their spots, the spot is just gone for that cycle. 20 people, 5 in each subfield, were admitted this year. 

1 hour ago, alsldfjsdfl said:

unfortunately, there's no waitlist at UChicago (the delay between acceptances and rejections is because of the MA programs); the department admits with an anticipated yield in mind, and if people turn down their spots, the spot is just gone for that cycle. 20 people, 5 in each subfield, were admitted this year. 

So, I already have an MA, and turned down admission to CIR (their MA program) in the past.  Therefore, they likely didn't consider me for admission to any of their MA programs.  That may have been why I got a relatively early rejection.  

Edited by Mr_Spock2018

28 minutes ago, geoconvert said:

FYI UChi rejections just dropped. The cycle is basically over for me, minus Georgetown, which is nice.

I'm not sure of Georgetown's process (or any school's for that matter), but I got accepted 2 weeks ago and received info on their visit day today. Perhaps there's another round of acceptances since it seems like so few people have heard from them.

2 hours ago, Josh_Lyman said:

I'm not sure of Georgetown's process (or any school's for that matter), but I got accepted 2 weeks ago and received info on their visit day today. Perhaps there's another round of acceptances since it seems like so few people have heard from them.

God, I'd love to get a last minute Georgetown acceptance, or even a waitlist.  I'm not holding my breath, though.  =D

Edited by Mr_Spock2018

Hi All, I've been following this thread for a while now and have found it so useful. Congrats to everyone as we near the end of this cycle!

I'm sure many of us are now facing the difficult decision of deciding where to go -- I had amazing luck this cycle and am deciding between 5 top 10 programs. If anyone wants to chat about making decisions or trade information on similar programs, please DM me. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Josh_Lyman said:

Thanks for the info! Maybe they just had a super small cohort this year. I'll expect a rejection at this point.