2019-2020 Application Thread

Dwar

28 minutes ago, Artifex_Archer said:

Didn't apply to Harvard, but in my experience the scattered 'phone call' admits are almost always trolls.

eh it's about the right time and last time Harvard did do phone calls well before the email, so I trust it. Might be a little more scattered across the next couple of days depending on subfield. 

Waitlisted at Princeton. Please, someone, send in your decline! Waiting for my fate is hard...

Rejected from Brown and MIT - expected. Also expecting a rejection from NYU since I haven't heard anything. Sad that so few universities love me, but as a wise woman told me - you only need to get into one school.

6 hours ago, tcnkyng said:

Hi guys, any insights on what to do if I got multiple waitlists and no offers... Will it be a good idea to update this information with the waitlisted schools?

I'm not sure that telling them you are on multiple waitlists with no offer would work in your favor, but I've been told that sending them a personalized email stating that they are your top choice, and that you will therefore accept their offer if they take you off the wait list may increase your chances. That's because a lot of students will only decline their offers last minute before April 15th, so the schools want to be sure that if they make a new offer, to meet their goals in terms of incoming students, it will be accepted.

7 hours ago, ChooseHappily said:

Waitlisted at Princeton. Please, someone, send in your decline! Waiting for my fate is hard...

Rejected from Brown and MIT - expected. Also expecting a rejection from NYU since I haven't heard anything. Sad that so few universities love me, but as a wise woman told me - you only need to get into one school.

That is my exact motto 

Welp, I received my last application decision last night. So I guess this cycle is over for me! I'll be posting my profile in the other thread once I make my decision (probably on Sunday). 

I wish everyone the best of luck with the remainder of the cycle! 

Edited by Dwar

1 minute ago, geoconvert said:

Does anyone have any updated info on when we should expect to hear back from UNC? I'm considering emailing them and asking. 

Emailed them and they say the results have been submitted to the Graduate School, and will be announcing those results this week or next.

3 hours ago, Dwar said:

Welp, I received my last application decision last night. So I guess this cycle is over for me! I'll be posting my profile in the other thread once I make my decision (probably on Sunday). 

I wish everyone the best of luck with the remainder of the cycle! 

Great work on running this forum Dwar! You made things a lot easier on most of us this cycle!

Has anyone heard from the partnership program at Columbia (dual PhD with Sciences Po)? I’m wondering if the notification timelines are different from the general PhD - my portal doesn’t show a rejection yet and I haven’t received any email communication.

1 hour ago, sloth_girl said:

Claiming a rejection from Columbia (email to check the portal this morning). Also claiming a Harvard acceptance (got a call this morning). Only have Yale to hear back from, and after that I'll post my profile. 

Congrats on your awesome cycle. I join those who are eager to look at your profile :)