2020 Acceptance Thread

Schrödinger's_Doge

On 2/22/2020 at 4:59 AM, deep_field said:

got an (unofficial) offer today (via email) for Pitt HPS, my AOI is PhilSci so I'm super excited! this one will be very hard to say 'no' to...

3 minutes ago, orangebrain said:

I got one for there too! Congrats! 

congrats! was it acceptance specific to your focus, or for the general program?

11 hours ago, Coconuts&Chloroform said:

Likewise. What's your AOI? And any info about funding?

11 hours ago, energeia11235 said:

Same—congrats.

Unofficially informed of my acceptance to UT Austin as well. AOI is philosophy of language & philosophical logic. I was told that I would receive a full offer with funding information by the end of the day, but that email never arrived. Also never received an email from the graduate school admissions client, but my MyUT (or something similar) page is updated to indicate my status as an accepted graduate student, complete with an option to accept or reject the offer. 

I'm very happy that my first news after nearly two months of waiting on 11 applications was an acceptance; what's more, it's for a program I would be unconditionally happy to be a part of. UT turned out, more or less surprisingly, to be perhaps my favorite program behind those three highly prestigious departments at the top of my list. This acceptance makes me feel quite secure and confident entering the next phase of this process. 

20 minutes ago, strongkleeneevalscheme said:

Unofficially informed of my acceptance to UT Austin as well. AOI is philosophy of language & philosophical logic. I was told that I would receive a full offer with funding information by the end of the day, but that email never arrived. Also never received an email from the graduate school admissions client, but my MyUT (or something similar) page is updated to indicate my status as an accepted graduate student, complete with an option to accept or reject the offer. 

I'm very happy that my first news after nearly two months of waiting on 11 applications was an acceptance; what's more, it's for a program I would be unconditionally happy to be a part of. UT turned out, more or less surprisingly, to be perhaps my favorite program behind those three highly prestigious departments at the top of my list. This acceptance makes me feel quite secure and confident entering the next phase of this process. 

Congrats! I feel much the same way as you on all these points. UT Austin is a phenomenal program, and looking at their faculty and placement record one struggles to think why they aren't even higher-ranked. I would likely accept UT Austin over quite a few of the top-ten programs on my list, though of course this depends on the funding details (which I am waiting for with bated breath).

Perhaps I'll see you there!