PhD/DrPH Applicants: Fall 2021

Hi everyone! 

I'm happy I stumbled across this forum! I'm currently a grad student at a top 5 institution and have a background in clinical research. I've applied to about 7 PhD programs (scattered throughout the country), and am getting a bit anxious waiting for the results. 

If someone is interviewed how likely are they to get admitted? Can a phone interview a formal interview? 

2 hours ago, potlucknopotatosalad said:

@bstat95 Did you have any pre-interviews with faculty members? Is your interview via zoom? I applied too and am a bit nervous..... the waiting game is hard ?

No, this is the first time I've ever heard back from applications. The email is from a faculty member asking to conduct an interview via zoom. Did you also receive an interview?
I totally understand... I've been feeling super anxious the past week :( 

12 hours ago, bstat95 said:

I received an interview invite from Harvard Population Health Sciences (Epidemiology) PhD today. Has anyone already gone through the interview? It's my first one so feeling a bit anxious about it!

I applied too, but haven't heard back. Would you mind telling me whether your application status still says "Submitted" in GSAS? Or has it changed to another status such as "Under Review"? I am anxiously overanalyzing.... :) 

9 minutes ago, Baby_Yoda said:

I applied too, but haven't heard back. Would you mind telling me whether your application status still says "Submitted" in GSAS? Or has it changed to another status such as "Under Review"? I am anxiously overanalyzing.... :) 

It says "Submitted". I believe they're just beginning to send out interviews so don't worry too much!

On 1/8/2021 at 12:48 PM, HopeFaithandDrPH said:

Please report back if you do! They are killing me lol. 

I asked Kamala about interviews (if applicants should be expecting interviews and if interviews would mean a good chance for acceptance) and when the decisions would be announced.

She didn't answer anything about the interviews and said the decisions should be available mid-March. 

Her reply is not helping with my anxiety whatsoever... lol

On 1/6/2021 at 6:39 AM, Scm2558 said:

Hello! I know it’s a small field but is anyone here applying for a PhD in Nutrition, anywhere?

Hi, I am applying to PhD in nutrition in hopkins (international health), harvard (PHS), and cornell. Already got an interview with hopkins. Still waiting for any news from harvard and cornell. Best of luck for us!

9 hours ago, drunkenduck said:

Anyone else applying to St. Louis University? I was invited to have a thirty minute chat with the PhD program director sometime in the next two weeks.

Hi. You mean st. Louis univ or WashU?. I applied at WashU. But, haven't heard back.

11 hours ago, drunkenduck said:

I applied to the community and family health PhD program.

I too applied at USF but not heard yet. If no objection, is it possible to tell your stats like gre and gpa etc. Mine is 3.9 gpa and 315 gre

4 hours ago, Rka said:

Hi. You mean st. Louis univ or WashU?. I applied at WashU. But, haven't heard back.

I meant SLU!

41 minutes ago, Epid_2021 said:

I too applied at USF but not heard yet. If no objection, is it possible to tell your stats like gre and gpa etc. Mine is 3.9 gpa and 315 gre

Our stats are similar, my GPA is 4.0 and my GRE is 317. Did you interview last month?

16 hours ago, terragusta said:

Hi, I am applying to PhD in nutrition in hopkins (international health), harvard (PHS), and cornell. Already got an interview with hopkins. Still waiting for any news from harvard and cornell. Best of luck for us!

Congrats on your interview! May I ask when did you receive the interview invite? Do you know if Hopkins have already sent out all the invites to Nutrition applicants? Thanks!!

21 hours ago, dr_megaevil said:

I asked Kamala about interviews (if applicants should be expecting interviews and if interviews would mean a good chance for acceptance) and when the decisions would be announced.

She didn't answer anything about the interviews and said the decisions should be available mid-March. 

Her reply is not helping with my anxiety whatsoever... lol

Not helping mine either ? lol. Thank you for circling back!