PhD/DrPH Applicants: Fall 2021

On 1/6/2021 at 10:46 AM, Coffee All Day said:

Hi Everyone, I just got an interview invite from the Harvard DrPH program today.  They said they are aiming for first round interviews to be completed by January 18th. 

Congratulations! I recently received an interview invitation from them as well. Fingers crossed we both get in.

Good luck to everyone waiting for responses! 

Long time lurker but finally made an account here! The waiting game has truly been something else so a little anxious during the extended winter break. For those asking about applying to a "second batch" of schools, there are many on SOPHAS/school specific grad pages that have rolling application cycles or deadlines in Feb but the funding packages might not be as competitive (i.e. University of Maryland, Ohio State, etc). This might differ by department but I'm going based on Epi, Biostat, and Environmental Health programs cause that's were my interests align. Good luck to everyone and grateful to have found a supportive community!

28 minutes ago, coffeemate said:

Hi everyone! Just an update - I got an invitation to interview at Boston University for their DrPH program today! It's given me a glimmer of hope in the waiting game.

Me too!  It couldn't have come at a better time.  The waiting game is brutal!

On 1/5/2021 at 6:39 PM, Scm2558 said:

Hello! I know it’s a small field but is anyone here applying for a PhD in Nutrition, anywhere?

I did! UNC's doctoral event was this week, and the committee chair said that they'll be making decisions over the next few weeks so... at best we'll hear about decisions in late January? The program coordinator did clarify that all offers will be made with funding attached. 

Edited by teabunny

1 hour ago, epi2be said:

Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone for making it through submitting our apps! I was recently offered an interview with Harvard for the Population Health Sciences PhD. Does anyone have any advice for the interview? This will be my first PhD interview. Thank you!

Wow, congratulations!!! Was your offer sent out today? I applied as well, but have not received a response. Thanks.

32 minutes ago, teabunny said:

I did! UNC's doctoral event was this week, and the committee chair said that they'll be making decisions over the next few weeks so... at best we'll hear about decisions in late January? The program coordinator did clarify that all offers will be made with funding attached. 

Hi, congrats on interviewing with UNC! Was the doctoral event just for prospective Nutrition students or all applicants? 

2 hours ago, srp10215 said:

Hi, congrats on interviewing with UNC! Was the doctoral event just for prospective Nutrition students or all applicants? 

Thanks! Still reeling, tbh. And it was just for prospective Nutrition students (all the panels were specific to their faculty and research groups). 

Just out of curiosity, I logged into myUSF and checked my application status. 

It says: "Your application has been referred to the college and program for a decision. Decision times may vary from program to program, please allow 3 to 4 weeks prior to contacting the program"... 

Does it mean anything or nothing...? 3 to 4 weeks from when?? 

I'm scared :s

8 minutes ago, dr_megaevil said:

It says: "Your application has been referred to the college and program for a decision. Decision times may vary from program to program, please allow 3 to 4 weeks prior to contacting the program"... 

Mine has pretty much said that since I applied in November. 

2 hours ago, dr_megaevil said:

My app status has said that for weeks, since before I interviewed.