MSW.K

hi friends. hope you are all taking good care and big congrats to everyone that's hearing good news :) I'm curious about what loan options people are looking into in addition to the federal options (federal direct unsubsidized & federal PLUS). any and all insight on where to start would be so appreciated!

2 hours ago, ilycoco said:

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing which track you applied for and when you submitted? I’m biting my nails a bit. 

Of course! I believe I submitted on 12/31 (though I was still waiting for one of my recommendations to come through), and it was for the two-year program.

49 minutes ago, bkcase said:

Of course! I believe I submitted on 12/31 (though I was still waiting for one of my recommendations to come through), and it was for the two-year program.

Thanks! I applied to the 32-month on 1/8 and haven’t heard anything yet. I know it’s a smaller cohort, so hopefully just a slower decision process overall. 

15 hours ago, bkcase said:

Columbia and Hunter (heard back from Fordham + NYU). What about you?

Just heard back from Fordham and received the merit scholarship today. $3K which is standard for Advanced Standing 

I’m waiting on Columbia and Stony Brook for the Manhattan extension site. The nerves are killing me! 

Congratulations on Fordham and NYU! Are you leaning towards any school in particular? A director told me you always have a #1 in your heart. 

Edited by LML2021

8 hours ago, LML2021 said:

Just heard back from Fordham and received the merit scholarship today. $3K which is standard for Advanced Standing 

I’m waiting on Columbia and Stony Brook for the Manhattan extension site. The nerves are killing me! 

Congratulations on Fordham and NYU! Are you leaning towards any school in particular? A director told me you always have a #1 in your heart. 

I heard back about Fordham, too! I'm not advanced standing, but mine was 3K/yearly as well.

And that's a great question, but honestly I don't think I have a good answer. NYU seems like it may have the strongest clinical program, which is an obvious draw, but I'm also really impressed by Columbia's DBT curriculum and interested in this minor https://socialwork.columbia.edu/news/launch-of-new-social-work-minor-emerging-technology-media-and-society-ems/ (is anyone familiar with it?). BUT THEY'RE SO MUCH MONEY. You truly can't beat the value of Hunter, which is also a great program. What is your #1?

3 hours ago, crossingallmyfingers said:

I got into Smith's MSW program today! Would love to talk to anyone else who is thinking of going. 

I also got into Smith. No financial aid though so I'm going to have to do some thinking. Happy to chat here or via PM (which I'm assuming is a thing? Made an account to post this haha).

3 hours ago, crossingallmyfingers said:

I got into Smith's MSW program today! Would love to talk to anyone else who is thinking of going. 

15 minutes ago, ayco said:

I also got into Smith. No financial aid though so I'm going to have to do some thinking. Happy to chat here or via PM (which I'm assuming is a thing? Made an account to post this haha).

Congratulations to you both!!! Also same here. :) 

34 minutes ago, OrangeJuice14 said:

has anyone else who applied to columbia 12/1 not heard back yet? i feel forgotten about lol. i really thought id hear something this week but once again Friday afternoon and so bummed ill have to wait another weekend 

Same! I really thought I would've heard by now and it's making me super anxious. I feel like it has to be soon though because Feb. 15 is President's Day so their office is probably closed... so I think by the end of next week we should've hopefully heard

4 minutes ago, mswfall2021 said:

Same! I really thought I would've heard by now and it's making me super anxious. I feel like it has to be soon though because Feb. 15 is President's Day so their office is probably closed... so I think by the end of next week we should've hopefully heard

Ugh sorry youre in the same boat but also glad to know I'm not the only one. I attended so many information sessions this year and I could have sworn they said 6-8 weeks if you apply by the priority deadline. I guess they don't include the time it takes to go under review? good luck though and def post if you hear anything next week! 

1 hour ago, OrangeJuice14 said:

has anyone else who applied to columbia 12/1 not heard back yet? i feel forgotten about lol. i really thought id hear something this week but once again Friday afternoon and so bummed ill have to wait another weekend 

22 hours ago, mswhopeful21 said:

Has anyone heard from Hunter yet or know when we can expect responses? I applied at the end of December and am so anxious to hear back! 

Still waiting on both too, and the anxiety is real ?

15 minutes ago, bkcase said:

Still waiting on both too, and the anxiety is real ?

I am also waiting on BU and Columbia. Hopefully some news next week! fingers crossed for everyone. 

14 minutes ago, Mswsam said:

Really thought UChicago would send decisions out tonight... apparently they’ve sent decisions out every year on a Friday night. Maybe next week? Anyone else dying of nerves? 

Augh yes, and I didn't even apply by the priority date. I applied Jan. 15. No idea why I'm this nervous, I don't even think it's possible to get a decision yet?! 

That's strange that nothing was sent out though. Maybe something came up? Like a last minute committee couldn't meet? Or it'll send automatically at midnight or something like that. 

Either way, good luck! I'll be crossing my fingers for you!

19 minutes ago, Mswsam said:

Really thought UChicago would send decisions out tonight... apparently they’ve sent decisions out every year on a Friday night. Maybe next week? Anyone else dying of nerves? 

That's what I was thinking too! I need to tell Columbia my decision by the 16th and am waiting on UChicago to decide so I'm getting a bit stressed

16 minutes ago, genericmswname said:

Augh yes, and I didn't even apply by the priority date. I applied Jan. 15. No idea why I'm this nervous, I don't even think it's possible to get a decision yet?! 

That's strange that nothing was sent out though. Maybe something came up? Like a last minute committee couldn't meet? Or it'll send automatically at midnight or something like that. 

Either way, good luck! I'll be crossing my fingers for you!

I know feels like something did or maybe just covid is complicating things. I anxiously looked through old forums and only made myself more nervous! Wishing everyone luck and please let us know when anyone hears!

1 hour ago, genericmswname said:

Aaaand it looks like someone posted that they were waitlisted on the results page. The post says Feb. 6th, so I'm guessing that means Chicago decisions will come at midnight this year! 

Oh boy. Really wishing my heart wasn't set on such a competitive program. Good luck again you guys. 

what results page are you referring, too? i'm really hoping you're right about it being tonight!!

1 hour ago, mswfall2021 said:

what results page are you referring, too? i'm really hoping you're right about it being tonight!!

I hope so too! It's just a guess because someone posted, so maybe it's a timezone thing? But I don't know! You should be able to find it if you search for Gradcafe social work results. 

This is the link for me, not sure if it'll work for you: 

https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php

14 hours ago, genericmswname said:

I hope so too! It's just a guess because someone posted, so maybe it's a timezone thing? But I don't know! You should be able to find it if you search for Gradcafe social work results. 

This is the link for me, not sure if it'll work for you: 

https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php

did you end up hearing last night? i'm still waiting