MSW.K

1 hour ago, aaj12 said:

has anyone heard from UCLA? 

Nope:( I check my email like 40 times a day though lol. They're supposedly going to start sending out decisions this week and continue through mid-march.  Some people who received an offer for Title IV heard back a few weeks ago and I think a few regular applicants heard back late last week as well. We should hopefully be hearing back really soon! 

Has anyone received a decision from University of Washington (UW) yet? I know last year they sent most on Fridays starting in the middle of February, but I haven’t seen anything about it this year. I applied to the MSW and the MPA and I heard back from the MPA last week, but nothing from the MSW yet.

18 minutes ago, MSW Applicant 202 said:

Has anyone received a decision from University of Washington (UW) yet? I know last year they sent most on Fridays starting in the middle of February, but I haven’t seen anything about it this year. I applied to the MSW and the MPA and I heard back from the MPA last week, but nothing from the MSW yet.

I’m also waiting on UW and saw that thread from last year! I created a UW thread for this fall, but so far only 1 person (Advanced Standing) has received the offer. The wait sucks :( 

53 minutes ago, fiofarrell17 said:

Nope:( I check my email like 40 times a day though lol. They're supposedly going to start sending out decisions this week and continue through mid-march.  Some people who received an offer for Title IV heard back a few weeks ago and I think a few regular applicants heard back late last week as well. We should hopefully be hearing back really soon! 

i freak out any time i get an email notif LOL. hopefully soon. good luck!

Found out that I got into Columbia on 2/26 (last friday) for advanced standing msw & totally forgot to come on here & update! For those of you who have gotten in so far, have they sent scholarship amounts with your acceptance or separately? I noticed some people talking about award money received. Thank you!

For anyone who still has their Penn interview coming up, I just had mine and it was super easy. Not too formal and very relaxed. The person who conducted my interview was not an admissions person, but she had graduated from UPenn in the past and was asked to do these interviews. It felt a lot easier to communicate with her and I was far less anxious throughout than I would have been with an admissions person. 

21 hours ago, Antsmarch said:

Anyone hear from Columbia? 

Still waiting I applied 12/1. I know those on here heard it would be another week or two but it leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth that they didn’t communicate to all applicants that they need more time. I don’t love that they promised a decision by March 1 and then let that date pass without any update. Anyone feel similarly? 

6 minutes ago, Mswsam said:

Still waiting I applied 12/1. I know those on here heard it would be another week or two but it leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth that they didn’t communicate to all applicants that they need more time. I don’t love that they promised a decision by March 1 and then let that date pass without any update. Anyone feel similarly? 

I 100% agree with you. I also applied 12/1 and haven't heard anything. I have, however, gotten many emails for events, which was frustrating. It's the only school I've received so many emails from, none of which acknowledged my status.

7 minutes ago, Mswsam said:

I applied 12/1 and heard back last week. If you don't hear back by friday maybe reach out and make sure they have all of your materials or just see where they are with your app? I know it's disappointing to have to keep waiting like this. 

15 minutes ago, Mswsam said:

I feel you 100%! It’s pretty frustrating to be honest. I’ve seen in past forums where they even extend their decisions until late March or April for priority applicants. I hope it won’t be the same case this year. It’s nice to know multiple priority applicants are still waiting too though! 

Has anyone heard from Columbia who applied after the priority deadline? I have about 1 more week to commit to Hunter and wanted to hear from Columbia first. I'm seeing that people who applied 12/1 are still waiting which is so frustrating! Hoping for the best for all of you in this agonizing waiting period!

Also, does anyone know the best email address for Columbia admissions? I tried emailing the one on their admissions page but it bounced back as an invalid address, which was weird. 

2 minutes ago, Y0gi said:

UCLA appears to be doing notifications in waves (not sure why). But hopefully they will get to us soon!

It's making me so nervous!! I think this year they had their most applicants too 

11 minutes ago, mswhopeful21 said:

Has anyone heard from Columbia who applied after the priority deadline? I have about 1 more week to commit to Hunter and wanted to hear from Columbia first. I'm seeing that people who applied 12/1 are still waiting which is so frustrating! Hoping for the best for all of you in this agonizing waiting period!

Also, does anyone know the best email address for Columbia admissions? I tried emailing the one on their admissions page but it bounced back as an invalid address, which was weird. 

It's cssw-admit@columbia.edu, they also have an automated reply on right