1 minute ago, SLP2020!! said:

Hello! My email said " We are pleased to let you know that your application is considered complete and has been passed onto the school's admissions committee for review." I never got a Dal student number though, strange! 

Wow that is so strange. Thanks for responding so quickly, would you mind updating if you hear anything else?? :)

2 minutes ago, 2021speechie said:

Wow that is so strange. Thanks for responding so quickly, would you mind updating if you hear anything else?? :)

Yes, I will absolutely give an update if I hear anything else! The email I received also stated that I would be informed by email of their decision in April. 

Goodluck with your application :)

7 minutes ago, SLP2020!! said:

Hello! My email said " We are pleased to let you know that your application is considered complete and has been passed onto the school's admissions committee for review." I never got a Dal student number though, strange! 

Hi! I was just wondering, has your requirements chart been filled out on the application website? 

2 minutes ago, Wuglette said:

Hi! I was just wondering, has your requirements chart been filled out on the application website? 

My login information is saved on my computer which I don't have with me right now so I am not sure. I can give an update though once I have my computer and can login, sorry!

Thank you to those of you updating everyone on the status of your Dal applications! I personally haven't received an email saying all parts have been received or an email with a student number, and the requirements chart still doesn't have any updates. But I know they said it can take up to 5 weeks, and since the deadline was January 15th that means it's only been 3.5 weeks so I'll be patient. 

If you don't mind, I'd love it if people could give updates as those things change. I'll be sure to myself once I receive an email. 

On 1/12/2021 at 5:10 PM, SpeechieWannaB said:

Those who have previously applied... 

Do I stand a chance? I'm SUPERBLY nervous about the whole application process. Due to family obligations (and not willing to live away from my kids for 2 years), I can only apply to the U of A. I'm a first time applicant, a mature student, and I fear rejection SO much ? Putting all my eggs in one basket and praying for the best. 

My stats are as follows: 

3.83 SubGPA, 3.95 in pre requisite courses

Finished B Ed in only 3 years (with distinction) special education minor 

Worked as a teacher

Worked wirh PUF kids as an SLPA for 1.5 years 

Have certifications in PECS, Hanen, NVCI and SCERTS 

Volunteered for Centre for Autism Services AB for 2 years 

Have research assistant experience with 2 U of A childrens literacy labs

I also have 2 kids both having communication disorders of varying degrees. 

I've invested literally ALL the energy I could possibly muster the past year... due to COVID and having my kids home a lot more than usual has made everything that much more challenging. But with only 62 spots, not knowing how many applicants, and with the COVID semester being "credit only", it makes everthing so unpredictable (and the wait that much more unbearable!)

Anyone wishing to share success stories/their stats? 

Good luck, all! 

Hey!! Sorry I'm late to the party here. As someone currently in the program at U of A, you sound like you have an AMAZING shot for sure! It sounds like you have a wide range of experiences (more than many people I know in the program right now), and a great GPA. I wouldn't worry too much. There are 3 people in my cohort that have kids as well, and quite a few "mature" students :)

On 2/4/2021 at 12:36 PM, SLPThreadGirl said:

Could anyone who has applied in the past or current applicants who know tell me what is considered a competitive sub-gpa? I'm currently at 3.72 and I'm worried this is not high enough. 

Hey! As someone else said, it definitely depends on the school. I applied to U of A and Western last year with a 3.8 sGPA but I only got waitlisted to Western. It could've been due to other factors though, not necessarily GPA. They definitely take into account so many parts of your application, so I wouldn't worry too much! 3.72 is awesome too!

Edited by JennSed

Hi all! Just thought I'd keep on track with the Dal application updates. I submitted my online fees in November and sent an email with my resume/statement on January 10th. I got an email an hour ago saying my application was complete and sent to admissions so hopefully this helps give a timeline for everyone else! Good luck!

21 minutes ago, hopingforslp said:

Hi all! Just thought I'd keep on track with the Dal application updates. I submitted my online fees in November and sent an email with my resume/statement on January 10th. I got an email an hour ago saying my application was complete and sent to admissions so hopefully this helps give a timeline for everyone else! Good luck!

Thank you for the update! This is reassuring because it means they definitely still are slowly working through them, and those of us who haven't been contacted yet shouldn't stress too much. Just wondering, has the document list on you online application changed to show they've received everything?

Thanks!

44 minutes ago, coco_SLP said:

Thank you for the update! This is reassuring because it means they definitely still are slowly working through them, and those of us who haven't been contacted yet shouldn't stress too much. Just wondering, has the document list on you online application changed to show they've received everything?

Thanks!

Nothing has been changed on my document list yet!

31 minutes ago, NDspeechie said:

When do people usually hear back from U of A?

Hi! I scrolled through the 2020 and 2019 threads on this site, and it looks like they began sending acceptances out in 2020 on March 9th, and in 2019 on March 28th! I also believe sometimes it takes them a couple days (or sometimes more) to finish making all the calls/sending all the emails though, as well as letting those on the waitlist know they've been placed on it, so it's possible to be accepted even if you're not told right away.

On 2/8/2021 at 11:44 AM, Wuglette said:

That's nice to hear! Does anyone know if the other schools are receiving more or less applicants than previous years? It'll be interesting to see how covid affects the number of applicants because I can see it going both ways (having volunteer hours removed as a requirement for many schools vs the possibility that school may still not be in person by the fall, etc.). 

I was wondering the same thing! Has anyone heard how many applicants Western or U of T had this year?

1 hour ago, NDspeechie said:

When do people usually hear back from U of A?

1 hour ago, coco_SLP said:

Hi! I scrolled through the 2020 and 2019 threads on this site, and it looks like they began sending acceptances out in 2020 on March 9th, and in 2019 on March 28th! I also believe sometimes it takes them a couple days (or sometimes more) to finish making all the calls/sending all the emails though, as well as letting those on the waitlist know they've been placed on it, so it's possible to be accepted even if you're not told right away.

Yup, I got my acceptance email March 9th last year. I think if you are rejected though, you either don't receive any letter or at least not until the end of summer? Not sure when they send out the waitlist emails!

Hey! Would anyone who's applying this year want to change their signatures to the way that JennSed has, where you put the schools you apply to, and then colour-code the school's responses with red, yellow, or green (rejected, waitlisted, accepted)? I know several threads in previous years have done it and I thought it would be cool to implement it again this year, so people can get a rough idea for who's been accepted with what kind of stats, and give an idea about waitlists, etc. I know acceptances won't begin rolling out for a month or so, but I think it'd be cool to have for when they do start rolling out. I just don't want too be the only one! 

Would others wanna do this? 

Edited by coco_SLP

54 minutes ago, coco_SLP said:

Hey! Would anyone who's applying this year want to change their signatures to the way that JennSed has, where you put the schools you apply to, and then colour-code the school's responses with red, yellow, or green (rejected, waitlisted, accepted)? I know several threads in previous years have done it and I thought it would be cool to implement it again this year, so people can get a rough idea for who's been accepted with what kind of stats, and give an idea about waitlists, etc. I know acceptances won't begin rolling out for a month or so, but I think it'd be cool to have for when they do start rolling out. I just don't want too be the only one! 

That sounds like a good idea! How do you add a signature? 

56 minutes ago, coco_SLP said:

I like that idea!