On 1/29/2021 at 2:09 PM, SpeechieWannaB said:

I had called to ask Vicki a few questions yesterday, and she stated approx 200 this year.... so better than a 1 in 4 shot ?

That's good to know, thanks! Did she say anything else, like when we will find out the admission results? 

3 hours ago, speechie297 said:

That's good to know, thanks! Did she say anything else, like when we will find out the admission results? 

I actually didn't ask this question, but in past years they usually send out first offers within the first 2 weeks of March.... hopefully not too much longer to wait! 

Same, I keep checking on here because it's the only place there's any "new updates" on (seeing the discussions amongst all of you!)

Thankfully I do have some courses ongoing at the moment to keep me somewhat busy. If it helps keep any of you calm, one way to think of it is we are going to have our hands very, very full when grad school comes around. So try and enjoy the time you have now, and make the most of the present. What are things you like to do, that you might not always have the time for during grad school? Try to do them now (if it's safe to do them during the pandemic). 

Me too! I just found this forum this week (had previously mainly just been using Reddit) but I'm happy I did, there's a lot more info on here! I wish I found it earlier though, some of this information may have been useful during the application process, but nonetheless I'm glad to have found it. I imagine it'll be especially useful for when schools start sending out acceptances, to see when people start hearing from them.

28 minutes ago, speechncookies said:

Does anyone know when and how we see our subgpa? Do we get an email, or is it under one of the sections on our orpas application?

thanks! ?

I don't think I got an email last year. It should show up in either postsecondary education or transcripts soon

Edited by slp2020ab

6 hours ago, NDspeechie said:

Under Document Tracking and in the transcript section, I have all of my transcripts but I also have "Details Not Specific/Details P- 0" 

Anyone know what that means? Kinda freaking out.

I'm not sure, for mine it says "Number of Documents Received" and then a number underneath that stating "1" (i.e. they received one transcript from my university). Did it just change to this, or has it said this all along? As the other user suggested, I'd say to use SAM! They should also be releasing the GPA calculations soon too, so maybe it has something to do with that? 

3 hours ago, speechncookies said:

Does anyone know when and how we see our subgpa? Do we get an email, or is it under one of the sections on our orpas application?

thanks! ?

This is my first time applying, but based on posts from previous years it shows up under "Document Tracking" at the bottom of the page. 

Hey everyone!! I recently received an email from Dal saying that they received my application and they gave me a student ID number. I know most schools that I applied to did the same but some of my friends have not gotten any word from Dal yet, and I know last year people didn't hear anything until March-April. So I was just wondering how many of you received the same email? Is it a good thing? Looking forward to hearing from you!

2 hours ago, 2021speechie said:

Hey everyone!! I recently received an email from Dal saying that they received my application and they gave me a student ID number. I know most schools that I applied to did the same but some of my friends have not gotten any word from Dal yet, and I know last year people didn't hear anything until March-April. So I was just wondering how many of you received the same email? Is it a good thing? Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hey! I received an email from them back in December (when I paid the application fee) that said thank you for the application, and to make sure I sent them all of my documents by the deadline, but beyond that I haven't heard anything from them yet. Also, on my Dal Online application, it hasn't said if they've received any of my documents (other than the payment fee). What about everyone else? Have you received an email like the one that 2021speechie has, or does your Dal Online have any updates? 

I'll be sure to post an update if I do hear anything from them, or if any part of my application changes. Cheers!

5 hours ago, 2021speechie said:

When did you send your application in?

9 minutes ago, 2021speechie said:

November, but one of the girls i know who got the same email sent hers in the beginning of January. So I'm thinking it must be random?

Hmm interesting, did you just get the email this week? And on your account, does it say if any of your documents have been received yet? I haven't received an email from Dal yet like this, but I imagine they might be slowly working through acknowledging all of the applications they got. I've received a similar email though from Western, McMaster, and UAlberta. Still waiting on one from Dal and McGill. 

1 minute ago, coco_SLP said:

Hmm interesting, did you just get the email this week? And on your account, does it say if any of your documents have been received yet? I haven't received an email from Dal yet like this, but I imagine they might be slowly working through acknowledging all of the applications they got. I've received a similar email though from Western, McMaster, and UAlberta. Still waiting on one from Dal and McGill. 

I received the email January 28 but I only know 2 other girls who got the email that day. You must be right, they must be slowly starting to send them out. It's just odd because apparently they didn't hear anything from Dal last year until they got accepted/declined last year so I was shocked to hear from them and I found it even weirder that only a few people got it. Maybe they're sending the emails once they've gathered everyones information? It must be quite a mess there with some aspects of the application being online & others being sent by mail. Especially since this is the first time they have accepted some things online. Unfortunately none of my documents have been updated on their portal to confirm that they have received them but I've heard this sometimes doesn't happen until mid march. 

1 hour ago, 2021speechie said:

I received the email January 28 but I only know 2 other girls who got the email that day. You must be right, they must be slowly starting to send them out. It's just odd because apparently they didn't hear anything from Dal last year until they got accepted/declined last year so I was shocked to hear from them and I found it even weirder that only a few people got it. Maybe they're sending the emails once they've gathered everyones information? It must be quite a mess there with some aspects of the application being online & others being sent by mail. Especially since this is the first time they have accepted some things online. Unfortunately none of my documents have been updated on their portal to confirm that they have received them but I've heard this sometimes doesn't happen until mid march. 

Okay, thank you for the update! I definitely think that might be it, that they have so many different components that were sent in different ways (e.g. some online, some by email, mail, GRE was sent directly, etc.) so I imagine it's a long process, and they're probably working their way through it. I'll keep you updated if I hear back from them!

@ anyone who applied to Ottawa:

Have you been able to complete the language tests? The instructions said that when you click on Request Access, you should be taken to a new page to pay for the tests and then be granted access in a couple days.

I was never taken to a page to pay, I just confirmed that I wanted to request access and now it's a grey button saying Requested. I emailed the OLBI but no response yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks! :)

24 minutes ago, Speechies22 said:

Sub gpa is posted on ORPAS! 

Woo! Just a reminder for everyone to double check that their calculations seem correct, I've heard some people in the past say there's been mistakes/miscalculations so I'd recommend double-checking :)

Yes, to correct my previous post, the subGPA is under document tracking.

By the way, is it normal that they count a no credit course?? I got an F in my 3rd year that I retook the next year and got an A but they are counting it in the average of that 3rd year semester. I understand the competitiveness and everything but it just seems cruel and it is not even for credit...even though it is only partially counted, it lowers my subGPA by 0.03.

Edited by slp2020ab