14 minutes ago, Loly694 said:

I applied to both SLP and occupational therapy this year. Does anyone know if there is a forum on here or a group somewhere to chat about OT admissions? I haven't been able to find anything. 

same ! I applied to SLP and OT. :)  I believe in this forum they talk about OT :) https://forums.premed101.com/forum/61-physiotherapy-and-occupational-therapy-discussions/

So I noticed on the ORPAS website, on one page it says provisional acceptances for SLP/AUD become firm on April 30th (https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/orpas-dates/) but on a different page for FAQ it says they become firm on April 20th (https://www.ouac.on.ca/faq/when-do-provisionals-become-firm/

I'm pretty certain it should be the 30th (it makes the most sense and this is in line with what they've done in the past) but I just wanted to point it out in case anyone is confused or is in that situation and might want to just triple check with ORPAS! 

13 hours ago, Speechies22 said:

It’s the 16th for Ontario schools (U of T and Western at least). Some schools mark the 15th as the deadline (ie UBC, not sure about other schools)

McMaster's is April 15th at midnight! According to both my letter and ORPAS. 

6 minutes ago, gradschoolpls said:

Hey! How do you know its until 11:59pm? I am having the hardest time deciding where to accept and wanted to confirm the timing

Okay I'm also curious about this - my offers both say the 'by the 15th'. Does this mean by tonight at 11:59 pm (ie the response is sent in before the 15th) or by tomorrow night at 11:59 pm? 

8 minutes ago, gradschoolpls said:

Hey! How do you know its until 11:59pm? I am having the hardest time deciding where to accept and wanted to confirm the timing

Hey! In the email they sent me with the PDF of the letter attached, it says "Your deadline to respond is Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 11:59 pm EST". It doesn't say this time in the letter itself, but it's in the message part of the email they sent with it.

I hope this helps! Also congrats on receiving multiple offers :) which schools are you debating between?

Edit: Just adding that the above info is in relation to McMaster, I'd have to look into the other schools to be sure about them.

Edited by coco_SLP

19 minutes ago, neuroling said:

Okay I'm also curious about this - my offers both say the 'by the 15th'. Does this mean by tonight at 11:59 pm (ie the response is sent in before the 15th) or by tomorrow night at 11:59 pm? 

Just went back through some emails/portals/letters to try and organize all of the dates/times/deadlines...lol. 

Here's what I've got:

McMaster -offer expires 11:59pm EST on April 15th plus $500 deposit by July 15th (as seen in email containing offer of admission letter)

Western - offer expires 11:59pm EST on April 16th plus $500 deposit due by June 1st (as seen in offer of admission letter)

McGill -accept by April 15th with $500 deposit due by April 15 as well (as seen in offer of acceptance)

Alberta - offer expires April 15th, but I can't find a time or deposit info (as seen on GSMS portal)

Unfortunately I can't speak to UBC, Toronto, Dal, or the French schools, but if anyone else knows and wants to jump in here it might be useful! I'm also not 100% sure what they mean by "due by.." like McGill says, either, whether it means before tomorrow or sometime during tomorrow. I'm planning on accepting my offer sometime today, just to be safe.

Also is anyone able to confirm that there's no deposit for UAlberta? I'm worried I'm missing something.

Edited by coco_SLP

2 hours ago, coco_SLP said:

Just went back through some emails/portals/letters to try and organize all of the dates/times/deadlines...lol. 

Here's what I've got:

McMaster -offer expires 11:59pm EST on April 15th plus $500 deposit by July 15th (as seen in email containing offer of admission letter)

Western - offer expires 11:59pm EST on April 16th plus $500 deposit due by June 1st (as seen in offer of admission letter)

McGill -accept by April 15th with $500 deposit due by April 15 as well (as seen in offer of acceptance)

Alberta - offer expires April 15th, but I can't find a time or deposit info (as seen on GSMS portal)

Unfortunately I can't speak to UBC, Toronto, Dal, or the French schools, but if anyone else knows and wants to jump in here it might be useful! I'm also not 100% sure what they mean by "due by.." like McGill says, either, whether it means before tomorrow or sometime during tomorrow. I'm planning on accepting my offer sometime today, just to be safe.

Also is anyone able to confirm that there's no deposit for UAlberta? I'm worried I'm missing something.

I re-read the formal offer from Alberta and I noticed that it says 'prior to this date'. 11:59pm Mountain Time it is :)

11 minutes ago, Wugs said:

Sorry to keep asking... but is anyone still waiting for the U of A letter? It feels worryingly close to the deadline, and I have not heard back 

Hey I sent an email this morning because I had the same worry. I was told if I don't get it in time for the deadline I would be given time to receive and accept the offer so not to worry! 

Hi everyone! There should be some movement for Western, McMaster, and McGill as I've declined those offers, as well as I've asked to have myself removed from Dalhousie's waitlist. I'll be attending UAlberta in the fall. 

Congrats to those accepted, and best of luck to those of you waiting to hear back! :) 

Edited by coco_SLP

8 minutes ago, SpeechieAlly said:

Has anybody whose planning on Western looked into accommodations yet? Any advice? I’ve over-ambitiously planning ahead ?

Same! I've been looking at apartments in London. I think we are going to make a second Facebook page for those of us looking for roommates ?

On 4/3/2021 at 12:11 AM, SleepySLP said:

Hi I just made this account to share my stats! I got into McGill and UofT - waitlisted for McMaster and Western. I have a sub GPA of 3.84 and 250 hours of volunteering online during the pandemic. I don't have any research experience, but I had very strong reference letters. I also have experience working with kids and older adults. I hope this helps! Good luck to everyone applying next year! You all deserve this! ❤️

Hi everyone I wanted to update you that I accepted my offer to UofT and took myself off the waitlist for Western and McMaster as well as declined McGill so there will be some movement on those waitlists. Wishing you all the best of luck!! 

24 minutes ago, gradschoolpls said:

Hi everyone, 

Does anyone know if at Western placements and course work take place at the same time? 

Thanks!

Yes they do.

19 minutes ago, gradschoolpls said:

Hi everyone, 

Does anyone know if at Western placements and course work take place at the same time? 

Thanks!

From what I understand you have full time placements during the summer with no classes. There are also part time 'placements' at the speech and hearing clinic that is on-site at the school that you have at the same time as the course work. I put placements in quotations because the school has called it mentored practicum and it is still technically a course during the semester with an instructor and a hands-on classroom style. This is just what I got from the website but anyone please correct me if 'm wrong!

5 hours ago, SLPPPPwannabe said:

Hi everyone, congrats on everyone’s acceptances. I made it off UofAs waitlist this morning so movement is continuing to happen :) feel free to pm about anything if you’d like!

5 hours ago, speecht21 said:

I just declined my offer at Western and I will be attending UofA in the Fall instead! I hope that within the next few days many of you on the waitlist get an admission offer! Good luck everyone! 

Congrats to both of you! I'm excited to meet you both :) If you haven't already, please feel free to join our Facebook page here --> https://www.facebook.com/groups/4145976932101730

On 4/14/2021 at 11:42 AM, coco_SLP said:

Here's what I've got:

There is no deposit for UAlberta. I just confirmed with a current student in the program!?

4 minutes ago, BrainGal said:

There is no deposit for UAlberta. I just confirmed with a current student in the program!?

With no deposit, do people generally hold onto their place while hoping for a spot to open at another school?

1 minute ago, Streblo said:

With no deposit, do people generally hold onto their place while hoping for a spot to open at another school?

I believe some people do. I know a couple people who have accepted at Alberta while being on a waitlist of their first choice school, then when they got off the waitlist at their first choice they left Alberta and a spot opened up. I think this is how some people get off the waitlist in July.