University of Toronto Applicants MSW 2021

Empathymatters

8 minutes ago, BingBongBingBong said:

Oh weird I don't know how that picture of me at the Factor-Inwentash building doors got posted. I think my finger slipped.

hahahaha I am also an M, and that picture is exactly how I am feeling as well. 

20 minutes ago, mdsnmm said:

I would think that is WAAAY beyond what they ask for, and from what I've heard from past students that should definitely be enough. I have similar qualifications and I was always told by current/ former students that I would even be very a great candidate for the 1 year program, nevermind the 2 lol... wishing you the best of luck! 

Thanks so much!!! this gives me some hope lol :) 

1 hour ago, patientlyimpatient said:

guys, i applied to the 2 year MSW program with an 82% avg over 3rd ad 4th year courses... do you think thats competitive enough? i dont even know what the cohort avg normally is. i also have around 2000 hours in social services + research. feeling so sad:(

I have a 90% average (4.0GPA) for my last two years, and similar number of hours and I got wait listed last year and probably this year so.....I don't think one can really determine it on grades. I think 82% is certainly competitive though! 

Edited by Kal008

I have a 3.5 gpa and 10,000 hours in healthcare/ social services and got waitlisted one year as well! Whatever will be will be ! It would just be nice knowing what the outcome is so we can plan around it tho...either way let’s all hope we get some answers 

Just now, MacaroniGirl said:

I got an email that I was placed on the Wait List for U of T about 40 minutes ago. My last initial starts with B! 

Awesome! Does it tell you a number to represent where you sit in the waitlist?

3 minutes ago, matty16 said:

Someone in the other forum posted the email they got when they were waitlisted and it said the waitlist is not ranked.

5 minutes ago, matty16 said:

U of T claims they don't have a numbered waitlist. They obviously do but they unfortunately won't share with you what position you are in