Anyone else losing their damn mind?

gradorbust

I feel for you both.  Add me to the list of haven't-heard-a-thing-from-any-programs-persons.

I think I'm starting to see imaginary things... :blink:

Call me when you start having conversations with them.

Brad_Pitt_5_Best_Roles_Prove_s_Always_Be

Call me when you start having conversations with them.

Brad_Pitt_5_Best_Roles_Prove_s_Always_Be

I may be replying to a post by one of them right now... not certain, because I have beeng losing my damn mind!!

I just got a call from a Princeton area code, but was in the middle of a meeting so I could not answer.  They did not leave a message.....WHO DOES NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE!  Now for the rest of the day I'll be staring at my phone hoping it rings again...this is worse than hitting refresh on my email, I can not refresh my phone. :blink:

On here?

Here's this community of supportive individuals all suffering the same doubts and indignations that I am; just what I need!  If I have established this elaborate community in my mind... then I probably would have inserted a thread called something like... "is anyone else losing their damn mind?"... so that I could rationalize my insanity.  Just saying... if I've gone off the deep end... why not make myself some company?  :rolleyes:

Edited by Wemayet

Call them back!!

I do not think I can bring myself to do that, I always find it strange calling someone back if they do not leave a message.  If they wanted me to I feel like they would leave a message saying "This is so and so from Princeton, I would like to talk to you about ...... please call me back at xxx-xxx-xxxx at your earliest convenience".  Or something along those lines.

I do not think I can bring myself to do that, I always find it strange calling someone back if they do not leave a message.  If they wanted me to I feel like they would leave a message saying "This is so and so from Princeton, I would like to talk to you about ...... please call me back at xxx-xxx-xxxx at your earliest convenience".  Or something along those lines.

But if they didn't want to talk to you, they wouldn't have called you in the first place.

I would just call them and be like "Hello, I noticed I received a missed call from this number. May I please ask who this is?"

But if they didn't want to talk to you, they wouldn't have called you in the first place.

I would just call them and be like "Hello, I noticed I received a missed call from this number. May I please ask who this is?"

Yeah, I'd definitely do this. Worst case you find out nothing, best case you get into Princeton.

I would definitely call back, sometimes admissions people/professors aren't supposed to leave important information via voicemail, or they would rather speak to the person instead of leaving a message. 

Plus, if they are calling to say NO, they would probably just say it on the voicemail. Sounds like they want you to call back so that they can discuss things. I'm just theorizing. 

And it was a wrong number....of all the area codes that wrong number could come from.  *sigh* back to staring at my email.

Ouch. But at least now you know instead of stressing about it for the next few days because they wouldn't have called you back anyway if it was a wrong number. 

every time my phone goes off with an email I jump a little bit.  I just got a birthday message from the chancellor at the University I work at...Ive never been more irritated at a wishing of happy birthday ugh

The ding my ipad makes when a new email arrives is nothing less than a demonstration that Pavlov was right, and that I'm a dog.

Ouch. But at least now you know instead of stressing about it for the next few days because they wouldn't have called you back anyway if it was a wrong number. 

Dang, that stings. Wrong time for a wrong number

The ding my ipad makes when a new email arrives is nothing less than a demonstration that Pavlov was right, and that I'm a dog.

Hahaha. I suppose there are worse animals to be :P . If you actually were a dog, you wouldn't be worried about any of this and instead would be wondering when your next meal would be. Not so bad, eh?

In all seriousness, I think that is happening to all of us, so you are in good company :) .

I know a few people whose siblings are applying to undergrad right now. They're freaking out. They make me laugh, and laugh...

I help high school students get into college for a living. You can imagine how many times a day I hear "Do I really have to write an essay???" "AHH! This application is soooo long."