Fall 2014 applicants??

Des, weren't you supposed to hear from Syracuse today!? I've been thinking positively for you.

Supposed to, yes, but radio silence so far... 

Thanks so much for the good vibes! I'm sending them to New Mexico for you as well :)

Hi, all. Just a quick request: if anyone is admitted or waitlisted at Brandeis's PhD program and not interested in attending, please do notify the program! I see via the results search that at least 2 have been accepted to MA and 3 waitlisted for PhD today (Mar. 3). Anyone lurking who has been accepted to the PhD program? Anyway, good luck to everyone. Longtime lurker, first-time poster.

Edited by englishphdguy

Thank you guys so much for everything! I'm so stoked and this definitely wouldn't have been the same without all the support. Seriously, you're all amazing and I'm so happy to have you.

BUT

Now I need celebration suggestions.

Congrats Des! I'm so stoked for you. I'm waiting on Syracuse as well, and Chicago's MAPH. For Chicago, they said there's a glitch with the admission system or something but I'll find out within the next 24 hours. I don't really have expectations to get into either but I guess my biggest problem right now is learning how to deal with rejections physically, emotionally, and mentally. How have you all coped with it?

Congrats Des! I'm so stoked for you. I'm waiting on Syracuse as well, and Chicago's MAPH. For Chicago, they said there's a glitch with the admission system or something but I'll find out within the next 24 hours. I don't really have expectations to get into either but I guess my biggest problem right now is learning how to deal with rejections physically, emotionally, and mentally. How have you all coped with it?

Until today I was just anxious. Just every second of the day I felt like my heart was going to explode. I'm not good at all with coping.. I've actually gained a few pounds this month because I've been eating my feelings.

Sending positive thoughts to Syracuse for you! It would be so, so cool to end up in the same place with one of you, so my fingers are crossed, tight.

I just got into Syracuse's MA! Holy shit. Weight lifted.

Funding info to come, but they try to fund everyone. Woooo!

Congrats!!

BUT

May I suggest the tried and true method of...

alex-puppy.gif

Puppies?

I'm going tomorrow! I'm super excited, cannot wait!

YAY! So exciting! This will be the perfect opportunity to distract yourself from applications/waitlists/decisions. Have a blast! 

I just got into Syracuse's MA! Holy shit. Weight lifted.

Funding info to come, but they try to fund everyone. Woooo!

Was that you on the results board? I thought it might be so I raced over here to find out. CONGRATULATIONS!! :D 

Just thought I could add my two cents here. Most European MA programmes have late deadlines. Also, when compared to US MAs, postgraduate programmes in Europe are substantially more affordable. In addition, the study abroad experience certainly brings an appealing touch to CVs. Just in case this helps! :)

I know that. :) I just thought Wendy wanted to get an MA in the US and that was why I asked. 

Thank you guys so much for everything! I'm so stoked and this definitely wouldn't have been the same without all the support. Seriously, you're all amazing and I'm so happy to have you.

BUT

DANCE PARTY!!!!

tumblr_mpquz51KbR1ra54xfo1_500.gif

I have a question about Chicago. Are you just talking about the MAPH or also English PHD? If there's a glitch in the admissions system, that wouldn't affect the acceptances the English Dept sends out directly, right? I'm still hoping against hope that there's a PhD admission in there somewhere.

As for coping: I had a couple of pretty miserable phases when acceptances started rolling in and I didn't get any and then I somehow convinced myself that none of them are gonna work out this year and I'll try again next time. I'm still hoping for the last two but I've gotten to a place where I don't really see it as an option anymore and I'm fine with that. Sorry, that probably doesn't help much. For me it's mostly a head space thing. Mine tells me I don't want to be miserable anymore and then I move into resignation/acceptance stage...