Fall 2014 applicants??

Love the love going around :)

In other news, Udub is making me super unproductive. I have tons of papers to grade and a decently large project due Monday and I just keep checking my e-mail over and over

Lol I like that you called it UDub. I'm not expecting good news there, so whatever comes, comes. I'm losing steam on all my anxiety haha. Cannot. Maintain. Stress. Any. Longer.

As I said, that's just the sense that I get.  Not based on 100% knowledge of how things work in the faculty offices.  You might want to get some firmer evidence before considering murdering your way to an admit, haha (scholasticide?)

Tybalt, that is wonderful news!! I'm glad that it wasn't extended to every single rejected applicant. That gives me a little hope! Thank you for sharing that information. But if I was in the "final pile," then maybe I should kill a few applicants to more up a few spots. :D

Having a professor write that they'd "love to get to know me better" and talk about my work is putting a lot of pressure on me. :o

But isn't it also awesome??? I'm looking at my phone and there are three personal cell numbers in there now from people that I've spent the last three years citing in seminar papers while working on my MA. It's crazy!!  ^_^

But isn't it also awesome??? I'm looking at my phone and there are three personal cell numbers in there now from people that I've spent the last three years citing in seminar papers while working on my MA. It's crazy!!  ^_^

It is! But so, so terrifying at the same time. :D

Despite getting three (!!!) rejections this week, the school that accepted me called me out of the blue today to ask when I wanted to come and visit and then mentioned, by name, professors who wanted to meet me. Despite feeling nervous about the last six schools I have to hear from, that totally made my day. 

Also, I was just thinking about this today...despite the Tuesday (?) bloodbath on the boards, it has been a pretty quiet week. I'm predicting next week to be insane with results. Thoughts? 

So I haven't heard from UChicago and I know it is dumb, but I'm REALLY hoping I get waitlisted (if they have it). I saw two acceptances in march from last year. I'd die if I got in, but I know I'm getting rejected. I just am in denial as it is my last school to hear from.

Anyone get into UCSB's program and don't plan on going? The question is specifically for people who are interested in the Early Modern. According to the email, the wait list is relatively short (8 people, and last year 2 on the wait list got accepted), but it's separated via literary-historical periods instead of simply being a numbered list. 

Congrats to all those who got accepted!

I'm getting jittery over Chicago. I'm pretty sure they only sends MAPH acceptances to people who don't have MAs yet. Do you think they send the flat out rejections at the same time as the MAPH acceptances?

I don't have an MA and haven't heard back yet. . .

Me neither, and I'm faily far up the alphabet but who knows how they do that. I really hope they let us know before Monday though.

Good luck for the MA, even if you don't take the offer, it's great for your self-confidence ;)

Edited by Megeen

So perhaps I'm just flat out rejected without the MAPH thing. Oh well. I still have options! I got in Leicester Uni today :)

I know the feeling. I was rejected by all the programs on my first go-around, and MAPH was the only thing I got into. Even though the chances for even partial funding are slim at best, I would still recommend going. You learn a great deal, and having an MA from U Chicago can't hurt your chances next application season. It's also nice to see what exactly entails graduate study as well. A lot of people in my cohort decided they didn't really want to pursue a Ph.D.