Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

May be I'm being overoptimistic, but after looking up accepts and rejects list for 2012-2013 years I'm sure it's nearly impossible to be rejected everywhere if you have, say, 10 universities in your list. What do you think?

May be I'm being overoptimistic, but after looking up accepts and rejects list for 2012-2013 years I'm sure it's nearly impossible to be rejected everywhere if you have, say, 10 universities in your list. What do you think?

It's often the same people being accepted to schools within specific tiers. You can apply to 50 schools, but if your materials aren't top quality (maybe even if they are), those 6-20% acceptance rates don't guarantee you anything. That said, I certainly hope I'm wrong!

Edited by TakeMyCoffeeBlack

That's certainly my hope, though I imagine that depends on the types of programs you're applying to. In my case, I'm applying to almost exclusively top-tier programs because I'm less-than-optimistic about potential future job prospects if I don't attend one. As such, I have to be ready (as much as one can be ready for something like this) for the possibility that I may not be accepted anywhere this cycle. 

So, with NYU I am 1/7 on predictions. Bring it on! 

Congrats to all NYU admits! All those who didn't get the news yet, hang in there

and IRToni - DUDE!

I'm now guessing this week.

Oh the suspense, sweet suspense.