Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Waiting for my rejection from Penn State (right? That's what's left from there? ), and keeping an anxious eye on the Maryland results.

And breaking open a bottle of wine with dinner! :D

Edit: Congratulations to everyone with good news today! It is so good to see green on the board!

Edited by cupofnimbus

Is it normal for POIs to want to call/skype you after you've been accepted to "chat" about the program? Not sure why the thought of skyping my POI makes me nervous, considering I probably can't be so awkward that they revoke my acceptance ha.

Is it normal for POIs to want to call/skype you after you've been accepted to "chat" about the program? Not sure why the thought of skyping my POI makes me nervous, considering I probably can't be so awkward that they revoke my acceptance ha.

Pretty normal.

Relax, I'm sure you're not that awkward :)

My POI wants to skype/call as well. It's good, it's part of the process of selecting the best place for yourself. That said, it made me a bit nervous too, kind of like a blank-slatey feeling. 

So, it's 9:30 est & no Stanford results have popped up on the board. Guess it will be tomorrow. What a Valentine's day. 

Sort of makes me wonder what it's like to be a professor's spouse on V-Day. "Sorry honey, can't go out, gotta call these 40 admits..."

Sort of makes me wonder what it's like to be a professor's spouse on V-Day. "Sorry honey, can't go out, gotta call these 40 admits..."

I thought it was POI calls? so realistically, it would be like, 2-3 admits per prof, right?

I thought it was POI calls? so realistically, it would be like, 2-3 admits per prof, right?

Sorry, I was speaking generally, not just for Stanford! I think Stanford does POI calls, or whatever prof was representing each subfield on the admissions committee calls those accepted to that subfield maybe (I thought I read something of this sort several days back). 

Sorry, I was speaking generally, not just for Stanford! I think Stanford does POI calls, or whatever prof was representing each subfield on the admissions committee calls those accepted to that subfield maybe (I thought I read something of this sort several days back). 

Ya, I got called by Paul Sniderman last year on Valentine's day, at around noon eastern.