Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Claiming the newest UC Santa Barbara admit! First acceptance of the season for me and I'm quite excited :) No word on funding yet. 

A week after the first acceptances went out... At this point, I was sure it was going to be a rejection! :P

Congrats on your acceptance! My brother used to be a grad student at UCSB, so I've visited a few times. The weather is literally perfect in Santa Barbara and the campus has its own freakin lagoon. I'd say paradise is an appropriate word. 

Congratulations! SB looks absolutely amazing on the pictures, and it's a great department. :)

Thanks jeudepaume! It's definitely a nice option, particularly because Dr. Cohen is there.

Congrats on your acceptance! My brother used to be a grad student at UCSB, so I've visited a few times. The weather is literally perfect in Santa Barbara and the campus has its own freakin lagoon. I'd say paradise is an appropriate word. 

Thanks! While I would never pick a program based on area/environment alone, it is certainly a perk when you enjoy where you live. Not to mention my wife is cheering for it over schools like Syracuse for that exact reason haha.

I'm also snowed in today, so the wait is going to be much more agonizing! Thankfully the Gradcafe exists!

Also snowed in and refreshing gradcafe on my phone like crazy! I'll probably go do some nervous baking here soon...

Columbia is open today, according to their website! They could thus be releasing decisions today???

IRToni, from last I saw further back in the thread, someone had contacted Columbia's DGS a few days ago and been told that they would be releasing decisions 'either this week or next week'. So sounds like it might take a bit longer than last year.  

Just heard back from NYU: "We should be alerting you with our final decision shortly. Thank you for your patience."

Pretty sure their shortly and my shortly are not the same timeframe, but what can you do?

Harvard said first week of March, which would be in line with previous years' results. UChic seems to have sent out admissions and WLs already. Whether they just haven't gotten around to rejections yet, or they're still waiting on something is anyone's guess, I believe.

Would anyone know when to expect hearing back from UChicago and Harvard? Thanks!

I'm not sure if they have released all of the results, but on the results page it shows that Chicago sent out quite a bit of acceptances on Feb. 3rd. I think I remember some people already having waitlists and rejections on these boards, but you might have to go back a bit to make sure. :)

Edit: Oops, too slow.

Edited by mooneyed

Would anyone know when to expect hearing back from UChicago and Harvard? Thanks!

As IRToni said, it's not completely clear whether Chicago has sent all acceptances and waitlists, but according to the Department's cryptic response, all decisions -hopefully a couple more acceptances- will come around the 18th of February.

There are ND acceptance, WL and rejection claims on the list. Yet, I haven't heard anything from them. Should I lose my hope?

Also waiting for Vanderbilt,Upenn,UFL

With the exception of Florida, I'm in the same, maybe sinking?, boat. Good luck! Let us know if you hear anything!

I know this is for undergrads, but if this happen to me, I would be so crushed....

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-12/mit-mistakenly-tells-prospective-students-they-ve-been-admitted.html

That would be awful. I had no idea that MIT receives nearly 20,000 applications for their freshman class. Wow.