Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

I emailed the DGS at Boston College today (because I'm impatient and I couldn't stand not knowing how much longer I'd have to wait since there's a huge dearth of information on the results page re: BC POSC) asking for a timeline as to when I might hear an admissions decision. Expecting a terse 'calm down, we'll tell you soon' reply, he told me that I'm wait listed for the PhD, but accepted to the master's program. Which is actually really awesome news seeing as I applied to the master's program and was asked about my PhD intentions later. So without even applying for the PhD, I still might get it. 

What a day, folks. What a day. 

I emailed the DGS at Boston College today (because I'm impatient and I couldn't stand not knowing how much longer I'd have to wait since there's a huge dearth of information on the results page re: BC POSC) asking for a timeline as to when I might hear an admissions decision. Expecting a terse 'calm down, we'll tell you soon' reply, he told me that I'm wait listed for the PhD, but accepted to the master's program. Which is actually really awesome news seeing as I applied to the master's program and was asked about my PhD intentions later. So without even applying for the PhD, I still might get it. 

Congratulations! This is wonderful and amazing news.

Although you will be able to receive an MA regardless, I am hoping and praying you get that Ph.D., too! Such great luck.

Congrats! What wonderful news! Hope the waitlist is short and that enough people decline. Fingers crossed for you. 

@Cautiously and IRTheoryNerd -- thank you so much! It's good to have y'all in my corner. Since their incoming class is 5, I would tend to believe that the wait list is similarly small. 

@Cautiously and IRTheoryNerd -- thank you so much! It's good to have y'all in my corner. Since their incoming class is 5, I would tend to believe that the wait list is similarly small.

It sounds like a significant vote of confidence on their part. I'm sure it is well deserved. :-)

Get confirmed that we can expect Columbia to release their decisions this or the next week.

Columbia and Stanford both this or next week! I wish my non-US schools could get their things in order so I could start making decisions...

Very happy for you!  Be sure to tell our dear Prof BFB thank you for giving you the encouragement to write the DGS. I pray you get into the PhD program.

Hey guys, I'm new here - I decided to join in after a week of lurking, hoping to find some support during these nerve-racking days.

Am I the only one nervously waiting to hear from Minnesota? I saw the seven admissions that went up last night, but sadly my inbox is still empty. Anybody willing to claim one of those admits and tell us a bit more about what they said? 

I still haven't heard either. Assuming a rejection at this point!

It might not be a bad idea to email them.

Just emailed Sanford. Will post the reply if I get one. Assuming a rejection as well, but I would like a clear answer.

Part of the overnight UCSD massacre. I figured after this long, it was probably a rejection. I think I've been shut out, but on the plus side it's giving me a peace about my choice. I'm into my best fit school, so that's really all I could ask for.

Hey guys, I'm new here - I decided to join in after a week of lurking, hoping to find some support during these nerve-racking days.

Am I the only one nervously waiting to hear from Minnesota? I saw the seven admissions that went up last night, but sadly my inbox is still empty. Anybody willing to claim one of those admits and tell us a bit more about what they said? 

I'm with you on this one too. I haven't heard back from Minnesota either. I noticed last year that they strung out their acceptances, wait-lists and rejections for a month. 

Claiming a Notre Dame acceptance.

In case this helps - Seems like a form e-mail. Funding etc. info came attached. IR subfield. Oh also, I didn't interview with them, just got the acceptance. So if you didn't get an interview that apparently doesn't mean anything. 

This does help, thanks. It looks like they're probably stringing things out, which is wonderful/terrible, because I can still cling to hope that I'll hear something positive.

Congratulations! That's pretty awesome!

After going through a large portion of this cycle, I've been surprised at how long it takes some schools to go through applications compared to others....ehem...lookin at you, Stanford.

What day and time is your next Game Theory class?  I love that signal!

Edited by aecp