Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Very happy for you.  So where are you going?  Michigan, Berkeley or Princeton?  what's your research interest?

Thanks!  I'm focusing on quantitative methods, and although all three have strong methods people, I think Princeton is probably the best fit of the three.  But there's certainly still a lot of time to change my mind.

Thanks!  I'm focusing on quantitative methods, and although all three have strong methods people, I think Princeton is probably the best fit of the three.  But there's certainly still a lot of time to change my mind.

Wishing you continued success!

has anybody yet claimed the handful of georgetown acceptances from yesterday? field of study, who called, etc?

this is uncharacteristically early for georgetown, but as we learned today from princeton... history doesn't mean much haha

has anybody yet claimed the handful of georgetown acceptances from yesterday? field of study, who called, etc?

this is uncharacteristically early for georgetown, but as we learned today from princeton... history doesn't mean much haha

Gtown (and ND, for that matter) seems to do a scattered admit pattern. Don't read into it too much.

Nooooooooo

I think a current student here mentioned to expect something by the end  of the week? It seems that they sent out admits first last year, and then rejects a week later, so they might have meant that everyone will hear by the end of February, while some will hear earlier (?)

ETA: Looking through previous year's results makes me kind of hopeful. While some clustering is visible, most people seem to get accepted at only some of the top programs, and it doesn't really seem to follow a clear pattern!

Edited by IRToni

Claiming rejections at Cornell and Princeton, a wait list at UNC, and admission at Michigan. Roller coaster two days. Congrats to everybody receiving news, good, bad, and otherwise; knowing beats not knowing.