Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Well with the Princeton news, that's 2 down, 5 to go. This one hurts.

I'm feeling really nervous and sick. All I need is one :(

Hang in there. I'm stinging a bit from the Notre Dame news (they were one of my top choices on account of overall fit and their relationship with Kroc), but we'll get through! 

Last year, princeton trickled out acceptances and rejections and WLs all in one day, so no idea what to expect!

I suggest you do as me: plug in to some very sooting (for me) Opeth and write away. Check your emails in 4-5 hours. And then, well, my suggestion falls short here, I have no idea ^^

I suggest you do as me: plug in to some very sooting (for me) Opeth and write away. Check your emails in 4-5 hours. And then, well, my suggestion falls short here, I have no idea ^^

I'll be heading to a conference soon. Will leave my phone etc. in my office. Princeton reject definitely stings more than other schools for me!

I'll be heading to a conference soon. Will leave my phone etc. in my office. Princeton reject definitely stings more than other schools for me!

I understand... There's still some hope though. I noticed there was only one international student with a terminal degree from outside the USA who posted an acceptance. Maybe I am just rationalising. In any case, very little we can do now. Good luck IRToni!

I'm refreshing my email inbox insanely right now. But in half an hour will have a Skype conference call and probably get less stressed.

EDIT. Two more accepts... Congratulations to those who got them.

Edited by gerasy

How'd you do yesterday? Still waiting on responses?

You can count me in for the buffet on the "assuming a rejection" boat for Princeton (which was not a surprise because it was a reach, though a bummer because a POI there had looked at my LinkedIn profile awhile back so I was hoping I was in the running).

Other than that, waiting waiting waiting. Feels good to have started to hear, though.

Is Princeton just mass emailing or are they trickling in acceptances throughout the day? From all these posts I am assuming a mass email (which I did not receive lol...so I will presume rejection), but looking through last year's posts it also seems they accepted people over a few days via email...

Congrats to those admitted! 

Interesting thing: from what I gather from the results submission board, a positive response almost never comes through the website.

They should have called it "a rejection status check" instead of "an application status check."

I guess I'll stop checking these things. :)

Interesting thing: from what I gather from the results submission board, a positive response almost never comes through the website.

They should have called it "a rejection status check" instead of "an application status check."

I guess I'll stop checking these things. :)

For what it's worth, my "You should check the website" email from UC Davis was a yes.

Is Princeton just mass emailing or are they trickling in acceptances throughout the day? From all these posts I am assuming a mass email (which I did not receive lol...so I will presume rejection), but looking through last year's posts it also seems they accepted people over a few days via email...

Congrats to those admitted! 

I called--all decisions will be coming out today (rejections, waitlists, and (obviously) acceptances).

Congrats to those who got good news from Princeton. I was rejected by them twice and I know how much that sucks... But they have these funny rejection letters where they mix fonts (probably because they copy-paste text from different rejection letters). I'm curious if they will do that again this year.

Congrats to those who got good news from Princeton. I was rejected by them twice and I know how much that sucks... But they have these funny rejection letters where they mix fonts (probably because they copy-paste text from different rejection letters). I'm curious if they will do that again this year.

As my husband would say: Princeton doesn't matter.

(Completely kidding, its a great program and congrats again to all.)

to the earlier question about Vanderbilt application status updates: I was accepted and my application status hasn't changed. It is entirely possible that I am not looking in the right place, though, so take that with a grain of salt.