Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Have many people heard back from NYU? I still haven't --most likely a bad sign, but do you think emailing them would help? They must be quite annoyed by countless 'where is my decision' mails.

I emailed Prof Sanford. No reply yet. I'll let you all know if I do get a reply later today.

Things are about to happen....!  Release of many decisions.

Calm before the storm. (Er, figuratively, though also literally for some of us!) Good luck to everyone!

Cazorla, I've been referencing this very useful resource, myself: http://www.ask8ball.net/ 

Edited by cupofnimbus

if I were a betting man, I would bet on stanford giving peeps a buzz tomorrow evening...

Much as I many of us would love this, someone on here a week or two ago (who is a current grad student there) mentioned that the adcom is meeting again tomorrow. So my guess is for Friday or early next week. But if I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time...

Edited by packrat

Much as I many of us would love this, someone on here a week or two ago (who is a current grad student there) mentioned that the adcom is meeting again tomorrow. So my guess is for Friday or early next week. But if I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time...

Well, I guess it doesn't matter since we will all still check obviously until we hear something.

I think someone mentioned that they check their e-mail every hour...honestly I'm probably at:

while I'm at work: check e-mail 3 times per minute, grad admissions and forum every 15 minutes, school admin sites at least once an hour.

when I'm not at work: e-mail every 15, grad forum and admissions every hour and no check of school sites.

Anyone wanna claim to top that? 

I deleted the saved links on my browser for the schools I've heard from. Honestly, I couldn't believe how much emotions I had wrapped up in those little digital logos...

Last year they made calls at 8pm EST, so I wouldn't be surprised if they notified tomorrow after the meeting (if the meeting is indeed the final one).

It also told me that I'm "decidedly" going to become a famous millionaire, so...

I believe in you cupofnimbus. You can do it. And when you do it, please send me a few hundred grand. Thanks in advance.

Last year they made calls at 8pm EST, so I wouldn't be surprised if they notified tomorrow after the meeting (if the meeting is indeed the final one).

What about internationals? Did they call internationals as well?

Do people prefer phone calls or emails for notification? 

Emails. I'm awkward at phone calls even on good days... In addition, I can choose to only check my emails if I am ready for bad news (i.e. alone etc.), while a phone call can take me by surprise. Lastly, I have no idea how articulate I could be on the phone after an acceptance...

Do people prefer phone calls or emails for notification? 

I have no idea how my emotions will run when something happens unexpectedly, and I'm not sure the first impression I want to give a program is my stammering, blubbering, awkward thanks. Email is the more dignified option for me.