Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

And I know that most of my recent posts have been largely irrelevant to all of you, but I'm just trying to use this board as a place to spew my thoughts!

I think I would go insane otherwise....

we are here for you...the more irrelevant the better...

Re NYU: No response yet. I just wrote another email to the administrative assistant. Lets hope I get a reply back!

I was contacted by NYU a few days ago and they asked whether I'm considering their program seriously so they can provide more information to those who are waitlisted. So probably they're waiting for responses from those who are accepted and then will contact waitlisted. Those are just my thoughts, I don't have any exact information on this.

ATTENTION ALL: "The application process is ongoing and you will be notified when a decision has been made." - NYU

So I guess we just have to wait. I cannot guess why though. His reply was rather cryptic.

Edited by zudei

I was contacted by NYU a few days ago and they asked whether I'm considering their program seriously so they can provide more information to those who are waitlisted. So probably they're waiting for responses from those who are accepted and then will contact waitlisted. Those are just my thoughts, I don't have any exact information on this.

Well I got no response, not even a waitlist. A bit in the dark. But no worries, things will happen when they will!

ATTENTION ALL: "The application process is ongoing and you will be notified when a decision has been made." - NYU

So I guess we just have to wait. I cannot guess why though. His reply was rather cryptic.

I think this point applies to everything, always. 

I think this point applies to everything, always. 

"The life process is ongoing and you will be notified when a decision has been made."

Also, I just got a mystery phone call that made me jump out of my skin until I realized it was just a mystery local number. And, very likely, my vet reminding me of an appointment this weekend...

"The life process is ongoing and you will be notified when a decision has been made."

Also, I just got a mystery phone call that made me jump out of my skin until I realized it was just a mystery local number. And, very likely, my vet reminding me of an appointment this weekend...

I got a call from a number I didn't know and ran out of my class......it was a telemarketer -.-

I have declined an admissions offer from Illinois (IR subfield).  

Thought the waitlisted should know.  Should I make a thread for people to post this (so those waiting to hear back on a WL have somewhere they can obsessively check)?

Kudos for doing so.

The best way to let the waitlisted know would be to make sure that the DGS at Illinois knows—most of us aren't automatically notified of such things, and the sooner we know, the sooner we can take others off the waitlist.

What a bizarre, bizarre process this is for those of us on this side of the fence. However many times you go through it, you can never get used to it. You have the memory of it being exciting/painful/stressful, but it fools you again when you have to relive it.

I am pretty sure that in the future, humanity will find a way to tap into all that energy released by the emotional outbursts of PhD hopefuls during the application season.

Claiming the newest UC Santa Barbara admit! First acceptance of the season for me and I'm quite excited :) No word on funding yet. 
A week after the first acceptances went out... At this point, I was sure it was going to be a rejection! :P

Claiming the newest UC Santa Barbara admit! First acceptance of the season for me and I'm quite excited :) No word on funding yet. 

A week after the first acceptances went out... At this point, I was sure it was going to be a rejection! :P

Congratulations! Now you can begin to relax!  :)

Congratulations! Your first acceptance, and it's in paradise.

Congratulations! SB looks absolutely amazing on the pictures, and it's a great department. :)