Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Someone has posted a Minnesota rejection after checking the website. Any information on what exactly the website says? Mine just says "final review."

Mine said "Final Review" this morning and has been saying "Decision Made" for the past two hours. What is the point of letting me know that you've made a decision if I can't see it yet?! GRRRR.

I mean I know that it'll be a rejection but tell me already. So frustrating. 

Mine said "Final Review" this morning and has been saying "Decision Made" for the past two hours. What is the point of letting me know that you've made a decision if I can't see it yet?! GRRRR.

I mean I know that it'll be a rejection but tell me already. So frustrating. 

God, that's frustrating. I hope you aren't forced to wait an entire day (or maybe even weekend) to receive the official notification. This is what the website says: please allow one business day to view your decision once your status on this page has been updated to Decision Made

God, that's frustrating. I hope you aren't forced to wait an entire day (or maybe even weekend) to receive the official notification. This is what the website says: please allow one business day to view your decision once your status on this page has been updated to Decision Made

Yeah I really want to get my rejection ASAP so that I can drink my sorrows tonight. The "Final Review" step was also supposed to take up to two business days – but for me it took only a few hours – so I'm hopeful to get it over with soon.

I already received two good offers, but Minnesota had a special place in my heart. I am an IR person interested in human rights and international institutions, plus I love Minneapolis and have a lot of friends and family there. Bummer. 

Edited by TheWalrus

Okay. I feel like a moron. But one of my schools booked my flight for my visit and sent me a flight itinerary and an e-ticket. Me, being the road-trip type, have flown very rarely (twice!) and always with people who tell me what to do with this stuff/booked it directly through the airlines. Anyways, how do I use these?

Just to let you guys know, my department (and I believe the entire Stanford campus) has been having network connectivity issues this morning, and ongoing e-mail problems for a while now. Not certain if that will play a role, but it is very annoying.

Carrier pigeons! We had those at my school back in old army!

Okay. I feel like a moron. But one of my schools booked my flight for my visit and sent me a flight itinerary and an e-ticket. Me, being the road-trip type, have flown very rarely (twice!) and always with people who tell me what to do with this stuff/booked it directly through the airlines. Anyways, how do I use these?

I may not be understanding the question, but you take the e-ticket to the airport an hour before your flight leaves and check in with it at the desk for your airline or through an online kiosk. Depending on your airline, you may be able to check-in ahead of time through your airline's website using the confirmation number listed on your itinerary.

When I fly from Canada to US and vice versa with e-tickets, I enter my last name and scan my passport in the self-check-in kiosks, usually located at the head of the check-in lines for the airline, and it prints out a physical ticket and a boarding pass. That way I don't have to interact with the human beings in the booths, unless I am checking bags. :-P

Not sure if you can do something more advanced when flying within the US like getting your e-ticket scanned on your smart phone or tab though.

Print the e-ticket, if you can. When you arrive at the airport, go to the appropriate kiosk, swipe your credit/debit card in the slot and enter a little bit of your information (usually first three letters of your destination?), and it should pull up your reservation right up. If it doesn't, flag down one of the people at the kiosk and look very sad. It can be daunting if you don't do it often, so there's no reason to feel like a moron.

Edit: Gosh, you guys are fast.

Edited by cupofnimbus

Print the e-ticket, if you can. When you arrive at the airport, go to the appropriate kiosk, swipe your credit/debit card in the slot and enter a little bit of your information (usually first three letters of your destination?), and it should pull up your reservation right up. If it doesn't, flag down one of the people at the kiosk and look very sad. It can be daunting if you don't do it often, so there's no reason to feel like a moron.

Edit: Gosh, you guys are fast.

Ha, I think the look sad approach might be beneficial. The first leg of my flight is out of our tiny regional airport which only operates two airlines, one of which only does prop planes, so I'm not even entirely sure if they have the self serve kiosks! Thanks everyone!