Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Huge congrats! I take it you're comparative, then?

I actually do IPE and Methodology.

BTW i wrote a letter to my POI earlier this week, and she replied today with the good news and said the final decisions have just been made.

Edited by steedyue

Guys… don't panic if you haven't heard from Yale yet. Some professors will contact accepted students today, but most profs are just enjoying their weekend/do not read their mails. You'll probably get the official decision very soon!

Congrats to those who have already received their acceptances!

Congratulations to all who have received good news last week! 

A quick shout out before news for the new week pours in, is anyone here going to visitation week at Pitt?

I won't be able to make it, so I really hope to get in touch with someone who will be there. If any of you are, please drop me a PM, appreciate it! Thanks :)

Best of luck for the coming week, everyone! 

I have begun drawing up contingency plans in the case that I don't get into any program I have applied to. I only applied to US programs so far, but have started to look at UK programs. Do you have any suggestions on UK schools for Social Movement / Contentious Politics? I am currently contacting Nottingham (Critical Theory) and Brighton ("PhD in History, Philosophy, Politics and Cultural Studies").

I actually do IPE and Methodology.

BTW i wrote a letter to my POI earlier this week, and she replied today with the good news and said the final decisions have just been made.

Whoops, I totally mixed up two professors on their faculty!

Congratulations to all who have received good news last week! 

A quick shout out before news for the new week pours in, is anyone here going to visitation week at Pitt?

I won't be able to make it, so I really hope to get in touch with someone who will be there. If any of you are, please drop me a PM, appreciate it! Thanks :)

Best of luck for the coming week, everyone! 

Out of curiosity, Chiz, what's your subfield? :)

Well. 

Happy to announce that, as someone on here mentioned earlier, hope dies last.

1st acceptance of the cycle. To Yale. Just sent up a prayer for everyone still waiting for good news. 

Specifics: IR subfield. Received an email from Susan Hyde. I don't remember mentioning her in my SOP (though I've since changed computers so don't have it easily accessible to check!). My guess is that she's sending notifications out for all in the IR subfield.

Well. 

Happy to announce that, as someone on here mentioned earlier, hope dies last.

1st acceptance of the cycle. To Yale. Just sent up a prayer for everyone still waiting for good news. 

Specifics: IR subfield. Received an email from Susan Hyde. I don't remember mentioning her in my SOP (though I've since changed computers so don't have it easily accessible to check!). My guess is that she's sending notifications out for all in the IR subfield.

Congrats! Really, really glad and happy for you! Just goes to show you how strange this process is! First acceptance, and then such a great one!

Out of curiosity, Chiz, what's your subfield? :)

Political behavior, American/comparative

While writing my SOP, I was having some trouble on whether to put myself into American or Comparative subfield. I have mainly theoretical interest in political psychology and behavior, and would be interested to explore the comparative side of it. Part of my heart is also with the American subfield, but to me U.S. is more like a regional interest, or a case study with abundance of literature. Don't know whether it makes any sense haha  ^_^