Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

With the official GWU rejection out and only Harvard left, it's time for me to throw the towel for this year. If anyone has some time to share some advice, I'd be happy to hear what you all think if I should bother trying again next year:

Congrats to all the admits!

Congrats to all of the Yale admits, especially packrat!

Didn't Chicago say that they would send out rejections by the 18th? It's kind of funny how terrible they have been throughout this whole process.

So between the Yale and the Harvard ones this may not sound very exciting but I just got into Indiana University. 

With this, I only have one school left that I am waiting to hear the official news from - though I know that it will be a rejection. So my cycle is basically over.

Thanks GradCafe folks for making this process a lot more bearable. This is, of course, not a farewell. I will be around.

Edited by TheGnome

On 2/24/2014 at 11:08 AM, jmad said:

if anyone with an offer to WashU (particularly, in american) is ultimately going to decline.... it'd be really great if you could do so sooner rather than later :):):)

:rolleyes:

Haha, I know this feeling. I'm really happy for everyone who got into Pittsburgh, but I also can't wait for a few of them to decline it, so I can get in off the waitlist :) Best of luck to you! 

just got the expected Columbia rejection as well; totally bummed as this was my top choice. But who knows, next year is another cycle. In the meantime, congrats to all the Yale acceptances! 

Wait you mean you don't wanna go to Cambridge?! 

:0

:)

Wait you mean you don't wanna go to Cambridge?! 

:0

:)

I'd love to, but I missed a deadline for a huge chunk of scholarships for foreign students. So I'm only in the running for a handful of really competitive studentships. If I don't get one of those then the £35,000/year fees (with no stipend) are a bit of an issue for me. So I'm guessing gradcafe hasn't managed to get rid of me yet, and I'll be back next year :)

I'd love to, but I missed a deadline for a huge chunk of scholarships for foreign students. So I'm only in the running for a handful of really competitive studentships. If I don't get one of those then the £35,000/year fees (with no stipend) are a bit of an issue for me. So I'm guessing gradcafe hasn't managed to get rid of me yet, and I'll be back next year :)

Oh okay. Yeah, the British system involving two different processes for admission and for funding is a huge source of additional stress. Hopefully, you'll get one of those! I mean you already got into a pretty competitive school; a competitive scholarship should follow. 

i promised myself i'd come out of hiding when i heard back from columbia -- was too nervous to do so before, jinxing things and whatnot! -- just got the official no from them and so, hello! it's quite a heartbreaker as my top top choice, but, so it goes!

you've all been such a wonderful source of support throughout this cycle, and i'm sorry i've just been a lurker until now, although you've all seemed to navigate it quite a lot better than i.

many many congrats to all the recent accepts, and to folks getting rejection notices today -- i second/third/fourth the ice cream/wine solution :)

i promised myself i'd come out of hiding when i heard back from columbia -- was too nervous to do so before, jinxing things and whatnot! -- just got the official no from them and so, hello! it's quite a heartbreaker as my top top choice, but, so it goes!

you've all been such a wonderful source of support throughout this cycle, and i'm sorry i've just been a lurker until now, although you've all seemed to navigate it quite a lot better than i.

many many congrats to all the recent accepts, and to folks getting rejection notices today -- i second/third/fourth the ice cream/wine solution :)

Sorry to hear that, IR_lady! But cheer up, you're still in at BERKELEY and UCLA! Life is wonderful! =) You could go do your mountains of reading at a top 5 school and on the beach at the same time! 

Sorry to hear that, IR_lady! But cheer up, you're still in at BERKELEY and UCLA! Life is wonderful! =) You could go do your mountains of reading at a top 5 school and on the beach at the same time! 

thank youu! as they'd say here in ny, you're a sweethaaaht :)

and go CA schools! looks like you have some wonderful options, too -- congrats!!

thank youu! as they'd say here in ny, you're a sweethaaaht :)

and go CA schools! looks like you have some wonderful options, too -- congrats!!

Thanks! CA schools are definitely nice options. My wife is particularly excited by those (and cheering against Pitt, Syracuse, and GMU). Guess we'll see :)