Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Mine still just says submitted. Did anyone check that they wanted to be considered for the MA program? 

Same thing is happening to me. I sent them an email with my reference code but I'm thinking we should basically assume rejection.

Edit: email from Columbia:

"All students admitted or placed on the waitlist were contacted by the department via email last week. Official notices from the graduate school will be going out to everyone else this week."

Edited by mtbssd

Yeah if anyone checked that they want to be considered for the MA program, you're going to be waiting a long time for those results.

They did send out the admitted students welcome email last week, so if you haven't heard anything from Columbia by now, I think its safe to say you're rejected from the PhD program. MA is another matter though.

Emailed a professor and to inquire about yale, and received official confirmation of rejection. Still waiting for harvard, but I would not take that over columbia so I guess this season is it for me! Incredibly grateful for the schools to which I've been accepted  :)  :)  I wish everyone the best of luck for any schools that are still out there!

The Yale admit list is out  (shared with the department) and many will receive emails from grad students or profs in their field. Official admits and rejections are handled by the university and will come later.

Good luck to all.

'Will receive' means not everyone has received info yet?

'Will receive' means not everyone has received info yet?

Some professors may not have contacted students yet... most are unlikely to until at least later in the day today. It's not over until the fat lady sings... some students only found out by official email from Yale last year. That Said, decisions have been made.

Some professors may not have contacted students yet... most are unlikely to until at least later in the day today. It's not over until the fat lady sings... some students only found out by official email from Yale last year. That Said, decisions have been made.

Thanks a lot! Last question--would it make sense to email the DGS?

The DGS is pretty busy. i would just wait it out (painful, i know). If you have been dealing with a specific professor or know a student in the department, go ahead and email them. lt does not seem right for me to tell strangers. Sorry!

The DGS is pretty busy. i would just wait it out (painful, i know). If you have been dealing with a specific professor or know a student in the department, go ahead and email them. lt does not seem right for me to tell strangers. Sorry!

Thanks a lot! Of course, no need to say sorry!

Thanks puddle! Do you know when the grad school notifies officially?

Thanks puddle! Do you know when the grad school notifies officially?

No idea.  It was 2 weeks between my unofficial email and official letter ...l thought for sure they had made a mistake because of the delay.  Good luck, all.

Cheers to the funny person on the board re: UPenn!

Official telegram from Benjamin Franklin apologizing on behalf of the admissions committee for the long wait. Some committee members have been stuck in Valley Forge because of snow. Others have been poisoned by cheesesteaks tampered with by the Redcoats.

Edited by cupofnimbus

Hahaha they took down that post down very quick. Oh boredom at work... (not that I officially claim any responsibility)

SIGH. I thought it was very good! (And it helps the mid-afternoon tired at work much more than this tea I have!)

Probably a joke, right? Not even a joke from the adcom, letting us know they're still out there?

Edited by cupofnimbus

SIGH. I thought it was very good! (And it helps the boredom at work much more than this tea I have!)

Probably a joke, right? Not even a joke from the adcom, letting us know they're still out there?

Sadly I am just an applicant. I called Penn a few weeks ago and they said results would be out in February. Time is running out. Clearly, so is our sanity. :)