Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Hi Targy! Congratulations!!! I saw UNT isn't even finished receiving applications until today! Do you mind sharing when you had all of your information in? 

Just got my last rec letter in last Friday maybe. Had the rest of the app in obscenely early, like October I think.

Just got my last rec letter in last Friday maybe. Had the rest of the app in obscenely early, like October I think.

I did my undergrad at UNT.

Denton is probably the coolest town in all of north texas (admittedly, not the coolest area). The school and city are on the up too. Congrats. 

an hour and a half in admissions time is like a year.

Agreed. It's particularly depressing in light of most of the schools I applied to traditionally not saying anything 'till the end of February. How much longer do you have left in Germany? 

Agreed. It's particularly depressing in light of most of the schools I applied to traditionally not saying anything 'till the end of February. How much longer do you have left in Germany? 

I'm in the States for a couple weeks in March, but just under 6 months altogether to go.

you know the website "academia.edu" right? it sends you notifications when someone googles you and arrives at your academia.edu profile page. Well, I just received a notification saying I was just googled from a city in the US. I am an international student, so have no relations in the US, and considering that one of the programs I applied to is at the same city, I feel like it is highly likely that I was googled by someone who is reviewing my application right now! Is this a good sign or a bad sign? What do you think? 

you know the website "academia.edu" right? it sends you notifications when someone googles you and arrives at your academia.edu profile page. Well, I just received a notification saying I was just googled from a city in the US. I am an international student, so have no relations in the US, and considering that one of the programs I applied to is at the same city, I feel like it is highly likely that I was googled by someone who is reviewing my application right now! Is this a good sign or a bad sign? What do you think? 

The only thing you know for sure is that someone was interested enough in you to investigate further--can't be bad :)

Hahaha, I agree. TV isn't quite doing it, so I'm trying out p90x. Now I hurt physically even more than checking gradcafe daily hurts my soul :D

That's actually a fantastic idea. Definitely planning on working out lots over the next couple of months. Oh well, even if I get rejected across the board, at least I'll have the consolation of being in great shape! :)

I've heard of the site, but am not super familiar with it. Is it basically just like LinkedIn specifically for academia? 

In any case, definitely sounds like a good sign if you're looking to find out more about you!

Congrats also to the recent admits!!

I've heard of the site, but am not super familiar with it. Is it basically just like LinkedIn specifically for academia? 

In any case, definitely sounds like a good sign if you're looking to find out more about you!

Congrats also to the recent admits!!

A very useful resource in my experience. Many of the people I am highly interested in are there, + you can share your research there. So I mainly use it to download interesting papers and track the progress of certain scholars. As far as I know it is a Google project.

Ohio State University (OSU) Political Science, PhD (F14) Interview via Phone on 13 Jan 2014 A 14 Jan 2014

• report spam
  • Phone interview with POI. I hope this leads to acceptance! I will be devastated otherwise.

Well, crap. That wasn't my goal at all.   :(

Please don't be devastated, whoever you are, if this doesn't work out. If you got a call from us, it means you're a top recruit. If it doesn't lead to acceptance, it means the Graduate School doesn't give us enough slots. Seriously.

Edited by BFB

Well, crap. That wasn't my goal at all.   :(

Please don't be devastated, whoever you are, if this doesn't work out. If you got a call from us, it means you're a top recruit. If it doesn't lead to acceptance, it means the Graduate School doesn't give us enough slots. Seriously.

I think your earlier post made this clear, but I can imagine the nerves it could fire up (I'm not personally an OSU applicant, nor have I had an interview anywhere (yet?)). It's great at least that you're here to clarify these types of things!

Hi all,

Decided to say something rather than lurk away. My OSU application still says that decision is pending. That's not a good sign right? Considering the top applicants are getting interviews? I see the first rejection coming from OSU and I'm already sad. :(

Hi all,

Decided to say something rather than lurk away. My OSU application still says that decision is pending. That's not a good sign right? Considering the top applicants are getting interviews? I see the first rejection coming from OSU and I'm already sad. :(

Where do you see "decision pending"? I logged in to the application screen and couldn't find it.

Hi all,

Fellow OSU applicant here. I'm starting to worry too. No phone call nor email yet.  :(

I was told to stay away from forums for the sake my sanity. But it's hard not to keep refreshing the page haha. 

Edited by chiz13

Fellow OSU applicant here. I'm starting to worry too. No phone call nor email yet.  :(

I was told to stay away from forums for the sake my sanity. But it's hard not to keep refreshing the page haha. 

If I'm not mistaken, some POI's call applicants, others do not. It depends on personal preference (based on BFB's previous comments). Probably not totally out of the running yet.