How Are You Coping With The Torture Of Waiting???

PsycD

I'm coping by eating.  Too much pizza, beer, ramen, and chocolate in some kind of unholy alliance.  Aaagghghhhh!

I am trying hard to resist those very same things...and dangerously close to losing the battle.

I'm coping by eating.  Too much pizza, beer, ramen, and chocolate in some kind of unholy alliance.  Aaagghghhhh!

I am trying hard to resist those very same things...and dangerously close to losing the battle.

I picked up a 3lb bag of peanut M&Ms earlier last week...they're almost gone :(

I seem to be developing a new addiction each month.  December was Ghirardelli Sea Salt Soiree dark chocolate with almonds.  January was Cheez-Its (Smoked Cheddar).  February has been marked by intense pizza and chinese food cravings.  I've battled those too pretty well, but I gave in to alcohol, particularly Original Sin hard cider.  Note to Self: Consuming anything with the word "Sin" in its name will inevitably lead to bad things.  That stuff is just...wrong.

Honestly?  Planning on what my next move is if I don't get in to where I applied.  I'm applying to 7 schools, 6 of which are in the top 60 in the world in my field.  The other is just inside the top 100.  My grades are nowhere near where I need them to be (IMO), but I have two rocking LORs.  I go to a school away from 'home,' so I don't really have much other than this. 

I seem to be developing a new addiction each month.  December was Ghirardelli Sea Salt Soiree dark chocolate with almonds.  January was Cheez-Its (Smoked Cheddar).  February has been marked by intense pizza and chinese food cravings.  I've battled those too pretty well, but I gave in to alcohol, particularly Original Sin hard cider.  Note to Self: Consuming anything with the word "Sin" in its name will inevitably lead to bad things.  That stuff is just...wrong.

love hard cider. have you tried Magners or Strongbow? Those are my favorites.

I'm trying to channel my nervous energy into positive things. I've taken up running and have a goal to run 3 straight miles within the next 5 weeks. I'm also doing a lot of organizing around the house. I clean when I get stressed, so I'm thinking my house will be immaculate by mid-March! :)  Otherwise obsessively checking email and the GradCafe forums and results pages. Every day feels like 100 years!

I agree. I wonder how well this would correlate to results of the Marshmallow Test...

(I would have failed, in case you were wondering.)

Just listened to a radio lab about this - a bit unsettling. However, this video is pretty darn adorable. I love the little girl who is in the process of eating the marshmallow while the adult is still telling her the rules! 

Let's just say I started watching season 1 of Grey's Anatomy around the time I finished applications, and I am now almost at season 10, and that Grey's has about 25 episodes a season and each one is 45 minutes long.

Let's just say I started watching season 1 of Grey's Anatomy around the time I finished applications, and I am now almost at season 10, and that Grey's has about 25 episodes a season and each one is 45 minutes long.

LOL, I've finished like... probably about 10 books, a full video game (start to end 100% completion) & countless TV eps and fanfics. Anything to keep the brain busy!  

When I actually have my days off from work I find that I keep refreshing too much! Why don't I just play video games or something? It's the weekend!

Especially since I'm expecting one school to be sending rejections soon, and another to be sending acceptances... I just want to fastforward a month.

I do have one more application to finish up today, but other than that, I'm bad at waiting.

I also keep wanting to plan where to live next year, but I obviously can't.

I finally got an acceptance and I will probably take the offer, so I started planning the move... It's already a nightmare!! I have so much to consider. It's the exact opposite end of the country, and I've only ever moved around Massachusetts, so when I have, it's never been in just one trip!

I finally got an acceptance and I will probably take the offer, so I started planning the move... It's already a nightmare!! I have so much to consider. It's the exact opposite end of the country, and I've only ever moved around Massachusetts, so when I have, it's never been in just one trip!

Same here!  I'm actually going from the great white north to the wild wild west for the summer, and then to the southeast in the fall for graduate school.  Too many moves to make!

I opted for contracting pneumonia. I highly recommend it as a time-passing tool (so many extra hours of sleep in addition to general apathy), but otherwise it's been less than pleasant. As I begin to recover, I think I'll switch to purging my excessive belongings ahead of the cross-country move. And, possibly, cleaning the spaces beneath them.

Oh, it would be so nice to be able to plan that!!!  If I get into my top pick, I know where I'll be staying.  Otherwise, I have no idea about lodging ... 

I am embarking on a new fitness challenge: Losing 20lbs in 30 days.

With all this stress, I'm sure it will be no problem.

Edited by PsycD

Hmm, Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies are on sale at Target...... ;)

Oh god, yes. I fell for that.

"Ooh, mint milanos are on sale! I'll get two packages, that should last me a while..."

Three days. They lasted three days. If I get accepted, I'm gonna have to roll my way to grad school.