How Are You Coping With The Torture Of Waiting???

PsycD

I notice that people keep saying they check their spam folder.  Do the school emails sometimes show up in Spam?

I wasn't checking my spam folder until yesterday when a friend told me that he didn't see his offer of acceptance last year, which sat in his spam folder for 11 days until the school gave him a call...

Edited by timbodi

working a stupid stupid job while my brain slowly atrophies and  praying to god(s?) that one of my letters is a yes so I can GTFO.

knowing they probably won't be a yes and trying to figure out what I can to do to make it a yes next time.

working a stupid stupid job while my brain slowly atrophies and  praying to god(s?) that one of my letters is a yes so I can GTFO.

knowing they probably won't be a yes and trying to figure out what I can to do to make it a yes next time.

Ugh this is me. I want to quit my job so bad but I'm putting it off until I get accepted somewhere :/

Hi, I am living your life in Chicago. 

I used to love my job, but now that my eye is on the prize...there is no going back.

I think I've decided that no matter what, I am going to leave my position in May/June. 

If I don't get in, I'll spend June-October addressing any weak spots. If I do get in, it will be my last months of freedom for 5-7 years.

Good luck all!

I swing violently between "IM NOT GETTING IN ANYWHERE IM GOING TO FAIL LIFE AND DIE ALONE" to "THEY WOULD BE LUCKY TO HAVE ME." Until I receive word one way or the other, I am going to be mentally unstable and volatile. Apologies to all who have to be near me.

This! I've also watched almost all of Netflix, read most of the library, taught myself how to knit, then crochet, and working to save up for the move (I hope I hope I hope I hope)

I think I've decided that no matter what, I am going to leave my position in May/June. 

I sooooooooooooooooo wish I could. I wouldn't be able to afford to live here (NYC) if I did though. Instead I'm applying to jobs that won't make me want to melt my face off (or at least will pay me more money than this one does) and looking forward to summer because my second job is actually a lot of fun.

I feel a bit silly because I'm actually trying to GET a job right now, cause I have 7-8 months before I move if I even get in anywhere and 7-8 months with no job and no money coming in is stressful as hell. 

Anyone else applying to Whole Foods? No? Just me? Awesome...

I feel a bit silly because I'm actually trying to GET a job right now, cause I have 7-8 months before I move if I even get in anywhere and 7-8 months with no job and no money coming in is stressful as hell. 

Anyone else applying to Whole Foods? No? Just me? Awesome...

I am! And local bookstores, and Trader Joe's, and anywhere that might take me, really. Also getting rejections from those, but at least there's less waiting involved? 

Wait... is this the hard part?

All my letters made it. All my transcripts made it. My card didn't bounce.

I feel relieved that it's not on my anymore.

Give it time..

It's a slow burn. Then it becomes intolerable.

I actually like my job; it's a good resume builder, pays well, and I do get to actually help people, but it doesn't stop me from spending way more time than I should thinking about my application. My wife and I aren't ready to move so I applied for only one program.

My bad habits:

Checking out every topic the forum  has on acceptance into the program I applied for: if someone had a lower GPA/GRE, or less work experience than me and got in, my heart instantly soars, I am sure I'm getting in. Then I'll see someone with a better quant score, or more relevant major who got rejected and the despair hits, there is no way I'll make it. 

Reading my SOP over and over and thinking about how I could improve it even though it's too late. I deleted a comma from a sentence right before submitting, now I realize it reads better with the comma in it. Thank God there is no actual typos and only style things I want to change.

It's funny because I applied for 4 schools last year, submitted my application to one of them late, had one LOR never turn their letter in, and didn't worry about it at all.  I eventually got admitted too. It'll be very ironic if I don't this year with how much more time I've sunk into it. Luckily my state school's program's deadline in May, so I'll know if I'm in and have a chance to apply to another program. 

Learning Python, watching movies and fretting in-between these activities by incessantly checking on the gradcafe results page. Two weeks ago, U. Florida asked me to send in my BS transcripts and they sort of hinted in the mail that that was what was delaying their decision. My gut feeling is I'll be accepted there//one of my back-up schools. My POI at UCSB has not been responding to my mails lately...life is terrible waiting for the moment folks!

I started a second MA in the meantime. This is something I can continue with even if (I hope!!) I get accepted into a PhD progam. And I am working a lot. 

And I am still failing miserably at not compulsively checking the boards and my application statuses.

Sigh.

I'm not coping to well.  I use to believe THESE GRAD SCHOOLS DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE MISSING last week.  Now, I'm getting worried, and I hit burnout especially since my friends heard some news and attending interviews right now.  I feel like this is a grad school conspiracy, and all I can do is wait things out.  OH WHY CAN'T ONE GRAD SCHOOL GIVE ME NEWS OF AN INTERVIEW FOR I CAN MOVE FORWARD.

For now I am just looking for summer internship to apply abroad and learning some computer programming tricks.  I guess I'll start eating subway by myself an ponder the results Monday.