Doctoral applications 2015-2016

RD_Paul

12 hours ago, Esei_John said:

No more news from Harvard? (CSR) Were short notices on 23th the first and last informal acceptance notice from CSR of Harvard? I'm still waiting, but it seems no sound was to be heard since then. 

CSR acceptances went out today.

On February 25, 2016 at 0:01 PM, Laodiceans said:

@RD_Paul Let us know when you have made a decision. I want to know if I'll see you in the fall (at Duke)!

Committed to Baylor! So excited to get started. Very difficult choice, but I am glad I made it.

8 hours ago, RD_Paul said:

Committed to Baylor! So excited to get started. Very difficult choice, but I am glad I made it.

Congratulations on your acceptance!

Does anyone know if that means both spots in Baylor's NT program are taken?I ask because I'm on the wait list.

On 2/27/2016 at 6:27 PM, Solaire said:

Congratulations on your acceptance!

Does anyone know if that means both spots in Baylor's NT program are taken?I ask because I'm on the wait list.

The other admit hasn't decided yet, though I think she is leaning toward Baylor. Sorry :(

Is anyone on this thread also waiting to hear from Catholic? I was accepted into the Semitics/Egyptian program, but still no word on funding. Just want to know if there are any others in my shoes.

On 2/26/2016 at 5:28 PM, ibnbattuta said:

yale decisions are out for religion

Hello, 

I hate to be that person but did all decisions come out today or are they rolling them out this week. I applied along with a few of my friends and we have had no correspondence whatsoever. I only saw a few posts but I'm assuming there is more coming? Any insight would be great. Thanks! 

7 hours ago, Min.Indy said:

Hello, 

I hate to be that person but did all decisions come out today or are they rolling them out this week. I applied along with a few of my friends and we have had no correspondence whatsoever. I only saw a few posts but I'm assuming there is more coming? Any insight would be great. Thanks! 

Have you checked the online application portal? That is where I was notified. Wishing the best for you. 

On 3/1/2016 at 7:38 PM, Patro said:

Does anyone know if Union Theological Seminary has sent out decisions? 

@Patro

I am currently at Union (MDiv); notices should have been sent out already. I know some candidates have received their acceptances by now (Union does have very few placements and I know two of them are taken already). From my understanding, rejections are sent my regular mail and acceptances are emailed. Good luck!

11 hours ago, AEscalante1 said:

@Patro

I am currently at Union (MDiv); notices should have been sent out already. I know some candidates have received their acceptances by now (Union does have very few placements and I know two of them are taken already). From my understanding, rejections are sent my regular mail and acceptances are emailed. Good luck!

@AEscalante1 

Thank you for letting me know. I have not heard back yet. I will keep an eye out for a letter in the mail. 

Edited by Patro

This is a (possibly desperate) shout-out to anyone who was accepted into the Philosophy of Religion track at Chicago. First off, congrats. Secondly, if you are even remotely considering attending elsewhere, please send me a PM. I'm wait listed there and it is looking like my only shot this time around. #shamelessplea

Edited by axiomness

Recieved an email from Union informing me I did not get in. Also received email from Harvard to check the website with a letter letting me know I did not get in. What a day. Still waiting on one school. 

I, too, finally received my rejection letter from Harvard's CSR PhD (Buddhist Studies; South Asian Religions; & Religion, Gender and Culture subfields) via an email to check the application website. Though, happily, about 20 minutes later I was notified I had a paper accepted to a conference this summer in the UK. Academia, you crazy!

Edited by Samahito

26 minutes ago, ibnbattuta said:

Anyone here heard anything about UCSB religion?  Does anyone know if they interview?  Thanks a bunch.

@ibnbattuta

A friend of mine was admitted into UCSB and was notified early on (I think mid- to late-January). Not sure if they do interviews, though. The prospective student weekend is the end of March-beginning of April, so they might have already wrapped some things up. Good luck and hope to hear good things soon!