Here Comes the Sun/ Waitlist Movements

5 hours ago, punctilious said:

The DGS just let husband know that he’s on the “unofficial waitlist” for Brown. Her email was very kind, and it’s good to finally know!

Ahh no longer in the abyss! Congrats! I'm curious...would movement from Brown make things more complicated for you two?

I've been accepted to Louisville and "top 10" waitlisted for funding, am #4 on the fully-funded waitlist at Oklahoma, and accepted to Tennessee but on the non-ranked waitlist for funding. Does anyone know what the likelihood is of actually coming off of the waitlist? Louisville and Oklahoma but stated that often times, waitlisted candidates were ultimately given funding, but this is a bit stressful. 

56 minutes ago, TralfamadoreTour said:

Wait listed at Tennessee and it’s my #1 choice.

Welcome! It seems like quite a few of us are in the same boat with Tennessee! 

16 hours ago, katie64 said:

I've been accepted to Louisville and "top 10" waitlisted for funding, am #4 on the fully-funded waitlist at Oklahoma, and accepted to Tennessee but on the non-ranked waitlist for funding. Does anyone know what the likelihood is of actually coming off of the waitlist? Louisville and Oklahoma but stated that often times, waitlisted candidates were ultimately given funding, but this is a bit stressful. 

I’m #4 on Wayne state’s waitlist for funding and was told I “should remain optimistic.” So, I’m right there with you. Good luck!! 

Edited by Personal Helicon

33 minutes ago, E. Coronaria said:

Waitlisted at University of Washington-- Seattle. 

I'd love details if you're willing to share? I still haven't heard anything and with rejections, waitlists, and acceptances on the board idk what to think! When did you hear? 

41 minutes ago, clinamen said:

I'd love details if you're willing to share? I still haven't heard anything and with rejections, waitlists, and acceptances on the board idk what to think! When did you hear? 

Hi @clinamen! Happy to share. Unlike some of the other waitlists I have received, the email was very brief. It didn't include information about whether or not funding was a possibility, and it didn't provide any information about what my chances were of receiving an offer. I was notified by email on March 1. Hope this helps! They made offers to less than 10% of applicants this year. 

25 minutes ago, E. Coronaria said:

Hi @clinamen! Happy to share. Unlike some of the other waitlists I have received, the email was very brief. It didn't include information about whether or not funding was a possibility, and it didn't provide any information about what my chances were of receiving an offer. I was notified by email on March 1. Hope this helps! They made offers to less than 10% of applicants this year. 

Thank you so much! That's odd (and frustrating I would imagine) that they didn't offer much information. Regardless, congrats on the waitlist spot! Seattle is seriously the best city ever! 

16 minutes ago, clinamen said:

Waitlisted at UW!!! I'm so thrilled! I definitely thought I'd been rejected as they seemed to notify everyone last week! Going back to Seattle is an absolute dream for me! 

Seattle is a wonderful place! I hope your waitlist turns into even better news (and golly, do you have some tough decisions to make with all that green in your signature line)!

30 minutes ago, clinamen said:

Waitlisted at UW!!! I'm so thrilled! I definitely thought I'd been rejected as they seemed to notify everyone last week! Going back to Seattle is an absolute dream for me! 

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! Did you get any details regarding your place on the waitlist?

15 minutes ago, EspritHabile said:

Seattle is a wonderful place! I hope your waitlist turns into even better news (and golly, do you have some tough decisions to make with all that green in your signature line)!

Thank you so much, I'm hopeful! This season has been such a delightful surprise -- I feel so ecstatic and so incredibly thankful to have the options I do. Ah I could cry. :)

10 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! Did you get any details regarding your place on the waitlist?

No, the email didn't offer specifics about my place on the waitlist or how it works -- so I responded asking about it. I'm really hoping to get some info as I'm going into visits this month and they are definitely a top pick for me!  

On 3/2/2018 at 8:57 PM, katie64 said:

I just declined Louisville (MA with GTA). So here's hoping that translates to positive news!

On 3/2/2018 at 10:55 PM, TralfamadoreTour said:

Wait listed at Tennessee and it’s my #1 choice.

On 3/2/2018 at 11:49 PM, Wooshkuh said:

Welcome! It seems like quite a few of us are in the same boat with Tennessee! 

MA or PhD? I'll likely be declining my MA offer.