Do people actually get off waitlists?

4 hours ago, SLPhopeful56 said:

That's awesome! Did you end up getting off the waitlists before May? I'm just hoping and praying I can find out (if I'm able to get off) before I graduate!

I don't have the exact emails anymore because my undergrad account is gone now, but from Facebook it looks like June 1st for the one school. Not sure about the other one, sorry!

9 hours ago, hopefulSLP2be7 said:

has anyone heard any information about the waitlist at any of their schools? Curious with the deadline approaching 

The only information I’ve heard about the waitlist is from a professor saying right now my top choice is a little over half filled already 

On 3/15/2018 at 12:38 AM, HooHooHooHoosiers said:

So the schools that I have heard back from so far have all been waitlists. Does anyone know if it’s actually possible to get into a grad program from a waitlist?! Obviously every school is different, but it is just very stressful knowing you may not get in. The schools I have replied to basically said they won’t give out any information about ranking/how many people were waitlisted. Anyone else in this same boat? Have any positive thoughts?! 

Just heard back from my top choice saying I'm "very high" on the waitlist. Only 10 more days to wait and see just how high on the list I am

27 minutes ago, helenaaa said:

@soontobeslp2018 how did you know you were very high on the waitlist? Did you contact them and ask? or was it stated in the email when you got your decision? 

I emailed the admissions committee to reintroduce myself and remind them of my interest in the program and the response said that they appreciate my continued interest and that I am very high on the list.

On 3/24/2018 at 5:12 PM, SeaCai said:

I'm on the Radford waitlist too. Have you contacted them since?

I received another email from them basically asking to recorfirm position on waitlist or not so they can get everything ready for the 15th

2 hours ago, slpblonde15 said:

I'm waiting to hear from 2 waitlists from schools I would really love to go to and am hoping so hard for some good news. I do not know my position on one of them, but am 9/20 on the other so that doesn't seem super promising <_< Hoping for good news for everyone in the waitlist waiting game!!

If I were you I would email those 2 schools and tell them you're still interested (if you are). They might give you some more information! And also, the waitlists at schools change so frequently that you may have been 9/20 before but you could be higher as people withdraw themselves

5 minutes ago, soontobeslp2018 said:

If I were you I would email those 2 schools and tell them you're still interested (if you are). They might give you some more information! And also, the waitlists at schools change so frequently that you may have been 9/20 before but you could be higher as people withdraw themselves

Yes I've emailed both schools about my strong interest in them per advice from this thread! The ranked waitlist was just posted yesterday, so I guess it could change by the end of the week! Thanks for the encouragement :)

5 hours ago, slpblonde15 said:

I'm waiting to hear from 2 waitlists from schools I would really love to go to and am hoping so hard for some good news. I do not know my position on one of them, but am 9/20 on the other so that doesn't seem super promising <_< Hoping for good news for everyone in the waitlist waiting game!!

Which school told you your rank?

I applied to psychology programs, not SLP, but, in my case, I got rejected by one of the programs I applied to. In early April, a POI texted me and asked if I was still interested in their program. I was not even in their waitlist but got accepted in the second round of evaluation.

Edited by wnk4242

14 hours ago, baileyp said:

I got off the waitlist at ECU! It does happen!!!

1 hour ago, stacymawie said:

This thread has been giving me so much hope over the past couple weeks, and I am happy to announce that I have been accepted off the waitlist at University of Montana! Hope this gives some hope to other waitlisters out there :)

Congrats you guys!!! So happy for you :)

2 hours ago, stacymawie said:

This thread has been giving me so much hope over the past couple weeks, and I am happy to announce that I have been accepted off the waitlist at University of Montana! Hope this gives some hope to other waitlisters out there :)

yay!! congrats! 

I got off the waitlist for UMASS on April 13th!! I did not email or contact them in anyway throughout the process. I was content with what I thought would be a soon rejection email after the 15th. I feel I wasn't worried because I was accepted by two other schools and was in the process of committing to one of those schools. However, when I received the phone call that they were admitting me I was so excited!! I pretty much told her I was likely accepting 95-99% so she said she would hold a spot. As of right now, I only received an email of my acceptance. I should be hearing back on Monday/Tuesday with an official acceptance letter from the grad school.

While I am kind of concerned/annoyed with how unofficial and last minute it was.. I am seriously just appreciative I got accepted. It is my top school, so I am PUMPED!

I wish everyone the best of luck on the waitlist!! All I can say, is make sure to have a plan B and make the best out of your situation! But, at the same time, don't give up hope!