2019 Applicants

Tbh also hoping (and trying to ramp it down but it's not helping with me lol) with @Anonymouse124 The tiny amount of acceptances on the results board is a sign, but if their pattern from 2018 holds... There's only 14/15 acceptances floating around, and I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority of acceptances are left unreported. (What I'm even more surprised with is... so far none of them seems to be an active GC member that has piped up on the acceptances thread? O_o I was expecting any of you get the Yale e-mail... Or someone to sign up and post, but our Yale acceptees may likely be lurkers this cycle)

I'm holding onto the last shred of hope (maybe they're doing it by field? who knows lol) but it's been two days since there were reports of acceptances... Usually Yale is the type of school that does same-day notifications, so I'm surprised that it's taking this long.

Fingers crossed for both of you. Hopefully we get something today or tomorrow. Last year on this date was when Yale sent out notifications.

Edited by Ranmaag

10 minutes ago, barshmie said:

Hi friends-- Does anyone want to claim that UPenn acceptance? I'm in a bit of a state, and am not sure if the phone call was from DGS, was an informal offer, from a POI, etc. and please take pity on my anxious heart and tell me if it's you ?. Thanks!

Peep this thread friend: 

4 minutes ago, barshmie said:

Holy sh*t did you just get the call too? CONGRATS!!!

YEAH! Were you the other acceptance???? CONGRATULATIONS!!!

3 minutes ago, Fedallah said:

Congrats!!! Was it a call or an email!!? 

A call! 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Thank you guys so much!!! I wasn't expecting this AT ALL.

Edited by Anonymouse124

Big congrats to the Penn acceptances! 

BTW, so when everyone talks about portals, do they mean the application portal? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything--none of my portals have been updated (acceptances or rejections), so I'm starting to think I'm looking in the wrong place. 

7 minutes ago, sugilite said:

BTW, so when everyone talks about portals, do they mean the application portal? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything--none of my portals have been updated (acceptances or rejections), so I'm starting to think I'm looking in the wrong place. 

Yes! I would say 70% of my schools use the same portal interface. When a decision is made, you get an email to check the portal. After logging in, there is a new option that says "view decision letter". Half of my acceptances have updated the portal and half still say "decision pending". Hope that helps!

2 minutes ago, illcounsel said:

Yes! I would say 70% of my schools use the same portal interface. When a decision is made, you get an email to check the portal. After logging in, there is a new option that says "view decision letter". Half of my acceptances have updated the portal and half still say "decision pending". Hope that helps!

I feel like a complete dunce, but I don't even see the "decision pending"? I'm looking on ApplyWeb (Michigan's platform) and only see "Submitted" and a list of all my recommendation letter writers. 

Is yours is a different portal platform? I've only received decisions/waitlists to my email, so I haven't been instructed to check anything ? 

Appreciate the help here! 

9 minutes ago, sugilite said:

I feel like a complete dunce, but I don't even see the "decision pending"? I'm looking on ApplyWeb (Michigan's platform) and only see "Submitted" and a list of all my recommendation letter writers. 

Is yours is a different portal platform? I've only received decisions/waitlists to my email, so I haven't been instructed to check anything ? 

That’s what a lot of my portals are like too ??‍♀️

11 minutes ago, sugilite said:

when a decision letter is ready on applyweb, there will be a new button that says “view your decision letter” under the receipt button. i’ve got one letter up. so you’re looking in the right place! it just seems like schools are very slow to actually upload letters. 

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but I just got an email from UCI to check my admissions status and nothing on my application page has changed, I’m on mobile though so I figured I’d ask if anyone else got the email or has the same issue 

Just now, RoyalTeaCompany said:

I got a similar email from UCI and checked it on my laptop. Nothing's changed on my app. I'm hoping for the best! I emailed the DGS to ask about the update....

Thank you for volunteering as tribute brave soul 

If more than one of us got it then odds are it’s probably bad news but I hope otherwise! 

1 minute ago, toxicmoss said:

Thank you for volunteering as tribute brave soul 

If more than one of us got it then odds are it’s probably bad news but I hope otherwise! 

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I will say on the bright side I haven't seen many others post about it in results or here yet, so maybe it's a good sign? Even a waitlist would be amazing as so far I've been shutout :(

1 minute ago, RoyalTeaCompany said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I will say on the bright side I haven't seen many others post about it in results or here yet, so maybe it's a good sign? Even a waitlist would be amazing as so far I've been shutout :(

The update just went through for me! I haven’t looked yet but go check! #fellow comrade in purgatory 

21 minutes ago, Englishandteamakesahappyme said:

@sugilite @kendalldinniene Same here. My portals give the impression that the committees haven’t even touched my application. Yikes. I’m still in the radio silent camp. 

My application for UNL legit showed progress as being two steps before departmental review up until a couple days ago, even though I got notified of my acceptance by the DGS weeks ago ?

You don’t know until you know, haha.