Looking for Bloggers!

TGCA

Hey All,

We will be opening up user blogging once again with the hopes of creating consistent content around:

1) The application process (how-to's, tips, dealing with stress, etc.)

2) Topics while attending (life in grad school)

3) Life after school (if I had to do it all over again, finding work, etc.)

4) Program specific (if you feel strongly about a program and have a lot to share)

If you are interested, please respond with a topic of choice and I'll PM you with more details!

For those who aren't aware of the blog ---> https://forum.thegradcafe.com/blogs/

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

In case you missed it, shout out to @ResilientDreams with the forum's first blog post in 2018.

@ResilientDreams will be posting content under Applying to Grad School and a few other topics. The goal is to have 4 or 5 topics covered where we can share the link and content can easily be consumed on the topic of your choice.

If anyone else wants to share their experiences in one of the topics above, PM me.

• 2 months later...

I have been wanting to blog around here for about 5 years now yet kept on missing the windows...

Not sure which topic I fall under as I am one of the oldest members around here.  As such, I have a different take on the application process and on both life before and after graduate school.  Granted, I have yet to graduate from grad school myself, am currently in an MS program, and will be applying to Ph.D. programs next year, I have been out in the world for longer than, well, a long time.  I also have had to navigate through both undergrad and now an MS program largely on my own with zero help (including financial) from family and/or friends.  I have a lot to talk about.   

Edited by Crucial BBQ

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2018 at 3:19 PM, Crucial BBQ said:

I have been wanting to blog around here for about 5 years now yet kept on missing the windows...

Not sure which topic I fall under as I am one of the oldest members around here.  As such, I have a different take on the application process and on both life before and after graduate school.  Granted, I have yet to graduate from grad school myself, am currently in an MS program, and will be applying to Ph.D. programs next year, I have been out in the world for longer than, well, a long time.  I also have had to navigate through both undergrad and now an MS program largely on my own with zero help (including financial) from family and/or friends.  I have a lot to talk about.   

@TGCA

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would love to talk about the first topic since I have been facing this myself and have been applying to many grants/scholarships, dealing with applications and everything that comes with it! 

• 1 month later...

I would love to blog about 1 and 2! I’m about to enter my first year and was already planning on keeping some kind of account of my experiences.

Edit: oh, this is from last year and someone bumped it. Well at any rate, if you’re still looking for bloggers to regularly contribute I would definitely like to. 

Edited by NeilM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/15/2019 at 10:12 PM, smithclarkson01 said:

I would be interested in doing blogs about apk's and all, is it still available ?

Are you referring to Android Package Kits? If so, it doesn't really fit into what we're looking for.

• 1 month later...

If you're still looking for bloggers, I would love to help out! I usually blog about health and disability. I think an article about how the disability/medical accommodation process works for taking the GRE could be helpful. I just went through it and there was very little information on other people's experiences, which would have helped me navigate the system a lot better.

• 5 months later...

Not sure if you're still looking, but this offer still stands if/when you are—famous last words, before the flood of first-year obligations kicks in. ?

I'd be interested in blogging about my experience with the applications process. I'm one of those kids who looked quite good on paper and struck out twice before doing very well this third cycle. I've learned a lot and would especially like to discuss coping with coping badly [which is totally a thing], dealing with rejection, self-doubt, advocating for yourself, persevering, etc. Of course, I'm very glad to share practical tips and tricks for writing, studying, and GRE-ing as well.

I'm also open to blogging about the first year, once it starts. So 1 and 2, I guess?

Again, I understand the 'window' might be closed for now, but please drop me a line when it opens back up. I'd truly like to share what I've learned/am still learning. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/29/2018 at 11:18 AM, TGCA said:

Hey All,

We will be opening up user blogging once again with the hopes of creating consistent content around:

1) The application process (how-to's, tips, dealing with stress, etc.)

2) Topics while attending (life in grad school)

3) Life after school (if I had to do it all over again, finding work, etc.)

4) Program specific (if you feel strongly about a program and have a lot to share)

If you are interested, please respond with a topic of choice and I'll PM you with more details!

For those who aren't aware of the blog ---> https://forum.thegradcafe.com/blogs/

Thanks!

I would be interested in any of the four topics above. (I have a MPH degree already but going for another master's)

• 7 months later...

Hi! 

I'd like to write specifically on Speech Pathology.

I don't have a lot out there yet, but I'm going to start pushing more consistent content and think that this would be a great place to start with interested readership. The SLP forum is incredibly active, so I think I'd be able to speak on a number of things that people here would be interested in. Posts in the works:

• Tips for getting observation hours completed for SLP applications
  • Managing working multiple part-time jobs while going to school
  • National scholarships for SLPs
  • Why you should join ASHA as an undergraduate or master's student
  • Incredible free or low-cost resources to get CEUs
  • How to use active communication strategies in parent/guardian meetings to improve your practice
  • Interview advice and questions to ask in your MS-SLP program interview
  • How to ask for letters of recommendation

Thank you for your consideration!