MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

justaylor

22 minutes ago, heydd said:

Hi! Wondering if anyone has information about interviewing at VCU for the MFA Sculpture department (or any department). I'm trying to get a feel for the questions they'll ask and if it will be formal or informal. 

I can't directly answer this question but on page 22 on this thread there were a couple pages of potential questions thrown out for those with interviews, in general.

11 minutes ago, theway said:

Seems like there are not that many people here applied to Calarts painting. I haven't heard anything from Calarts yet, I am wondering has anyone got Calarts painting interview invitation yet? 

I got an email from CalArts Office of Admissions yesterday, they said that "At this time, the School of Art has sent out all of their invitations for interviews." 

2 hours ago, riso_hell said:

Unfortunately I got the same thing. I logged back in several hours later and the status had finally updated. Is this your first year applying there?

Yeah it is. I actually was going to apply to UC Davis instead but Irvine had a fee waiver and Davis didn’t so I went with Irvine. I definitely couldn’t spend the 105 Davis wanted. So it wasn’t one of the programs I thoroughly wanted to get into but it’s my first rejection / anything at all from any school. 

3 hours ago, yessssssss said:

Congrats! Are there still other people who haven’t heard anything from Rutgers? Is it possibly they’re sending things out in multiple batches? 

Yes I am, I really wish they would just put us out of our misery ?

1 hour ago, theway said:

Seems like there are not that many people here applied to Calarts painting. I haven't heard anything from Calarts yet, I am wondering has anyone got Calarts painting interview invitation yet? 

I believe the interview notifications are out for all departments :( since my email from them mentioned that people invited to Photo, Art, and Art and Technology all interview on the same day on their campus. 

Congratulations to all that got invites and acceptances! So sorry to all who are receiving the dreaded rejection email.

Here are my rejections:

Email rejection from the Ruskin School of Arts just arrived. I am relieved since I regretted applying there. In the middle of the process I realized it was not for me. Kept pushing myself to finish the application process in order to honor recommenders who had sent their letters already. Awesome program, just not for me at all. I had the same feeling when I got my Northwestern rejection email on February 5. I know I am out for VCU, Stanford and UNC-Chapel Hill too. Though I have not received their official notifications, people were interviewing at the end of January, so no dice for me. The one that broke my heart was Cornell???? No letter of rejection until March/April, but no invite to interview either. Interviews are Friday. Good luck to all that are fortunate to get invites. May all of your dreams come true! Sending some magical dust your way ?

Edited by Lemon2Lemonade

On 2/12/2019 at 3:08 AM, Arissss said:

For those who have been rejected by saic, did you ever received an notification of rejection? I haven't heard from saic for an interview, but I got an email noticing that they downloaded my e-transcript last week....I tried to send email to the grad department and they never replied me. I am so confused.

I have yet to hear from SAIC either. Assuming rejection at this point but haven't heard anything either way. Frustrating. Especially since my review during Portfolio Day went so well.

57 minutes ago, Meaou said:

I believe the interview notifications are out for all departments :( since my email from them mentioned that people invited to Photo, Art, and Art and Technology all interview on the same day on their campus. 

Thank u!! 

2 minutes ago, arusse said:

Has anyone heard anything from University of Chicago, University of Illinois Chicago, SAIC Printmedia, or U Mich? I haven’t seen any updates on this forum for those guys. 

I heard from UIC a few weeks back, also I saw chz&pcake  mentioned a UMIch interview 

University of Texas (Sculpture) - Had interview last week

University of Michigan (MFA) - Interview this week

SAIC (Sculpture) - Interview is this weekend

SAIC (Designed Objects) - Interview is this weekend

University of Chicago (MFA) - Interview is next week

Yale (Sculpture) - Interview at end of month

Northwestern (MFA) - Rejected earlier this month

University of Minnesota (Sculpture) - Haven't heard anything

Hunter College (MFA) - Haven't heard anything

Concordia (Sculpture) - Haven't heard anything

VCU (Sculpture) - Haven't heard anything

Edited by madgey

4 hours ago, heydd said:

Hi! Wondering if anyone has information about interviewing at VCU for the MFA Sculpture department (or any department). I'm trying to get a feel for the questions they'll ask and if it will be formal or informal. 

I read somewhere online that VCU doesn't do interviews for Sculpture?  And that they send out acceptances/rejections in the middle of March.  It seems so far away!!  I am waiting too.