MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

justaylor

1 minute ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

Damn! I thought that was a personalised mail ? and they said results will be out before April 1, too much wait!

I too thought that originally lol. I like to think they'll contact for interviews before Feb ends if this is the month they say their reviewing all the applications. I'm applying to painting which seems to have already sent out interviews, so that's slightly disappointing ??

27 minutes ago, Ais said:

I too thought that originally lol. I like to think they'll contact for interviews before Feb ends if this is the month they say their reviewing all the applications. I'm applying to painting which seems to have already sent out interviews, so that's slightly disappointing ??

I'm sure there are multiple rounds of rolling out decisions, don't worry :)

On 2/8/2019 at 1:58 PM, biu said:

No.....can’t find any info about when we should hear back either. Have you tried emailing them? 

When I've checked here: http://appstatus.grad.ucla.edu/Account/AppStatus.aspx it says March or April so....it might be a while I guess ?

21 minutes ago, yessssssss said:

Congrats! Did they email today? I hope that means they’ll be getting back to painting applicants soon too! 

Yes, a few hours ago! Fingers crossed for everyone who interviewed to other departments now!

The MFA grad advisor attempted to call me, but instead received a UT Austin Painting acceptance via email!  Nominated for a recruitment fellowship through the University, which includes a full scholarship, free health insurance, and a more than a generous living stipend. The email goes on to mention that their decision was unanimous, which make me feel truly wanted at their program. 

29 minutes ago, nmelnicky said:

Yes it was from the Hoffberger school, hope you get an interview as well!

thanks! :-) 

It turns out I DID get an invite but it was low down in my spam folder!!! So thankful you posted or I may have never scrolled down my spam!

Good luck with your interview :-) `they've been pretty generous with the interview length their giving, which will be nice for us! 

Hey guys! I wanted to know if MFA programs waitlist students as well? I haven't STILL heard back from SAIC regarding acceptance/rejection and I just don't know what the deal is. 

Somewhere deep down, I still have my fingers crossed though cause my NPDA Portfolio with them went well, back in the day.

14 hours ago, Zander said:

The MFA grad advisor attempted to call me, but instead received a UT Austin Painting acceptance via email!  Nominated for a recruitment fellowship through the University, which includes a full scholarship, free health insurance, and a more than a generous living stipend. The email goes on to mention that their decision was unanimous, which make me feel truly wanted at their program. 

That’s amazing congrats! That fellowship would be a dream! 

57 minutes ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

Hey guys! I wanted to know if MFA programs waitlist students as well? I haven't STILL heard back from SAIC regarding acceptance/rejection and I just don't know what the deal is. 

Somewhere deep down, I still have my fingers crossed though cause my NPDA Portfolio with them went well, back in the day.

Yeah, a lot of programs do waitlist people. I looked at some past year forums and people had mentioned being waitlisted. Not sure if all schools do though. 

15 hours ago, Zander said:

I wonder if they sent decisions only to people who were voted unanimously. Because my offer stated the same:)

It’s nice to meet you! Will you come to Austin in March?