Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

Realized I posted this in the wrong thread earlier, d'oh...

School: William James College

Type: PsyD Clinical

Date of Invite: Dec. 21, 2018

Type of invite: Email telling us to look @ application portal 

Interview date(s): 1/26 (there are two dates, you're automatically assigned)

18 hours ago, NiceCupofTea said:

School: George Mason University

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of invite: Dec. 21st (late afternoon)

Type of invite: Email from director of clinical training inviting me for an interview during an "open house" 

Interview date(s): Friday January 25th OR Saturday January 26th 

I'm happy to share POI initials by PM if you reach out to me! Happy holidays everyone!! 

who's the poi?

Can the person who posted on the Results page that’s they got an interview from UC Berkeley Clinical Psychology say if it was a POI interview or the on campus interview? And if they got a mass email from the office or their POI? 

Thank you! Literally every post on the results page gives me anxiety.....

1 hour ago, TrustingTheProcess said:

School: George Mason University

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of invite: Dec 21st

Type of invite: Email from director of clinical training inviting me for an interview

Interview date(s): Jan 25 or 26th

DM for POI :)

could you pm me the poi? congrats!

School: Texas A&M

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of invite: December 19th

Type of invite: Email from POI (initials AM) letting me know I was invited to the interview weekend and followed by an official email from the Director of Clinical Training on the 21st.

Interview date(s): 1/17-1/18

This is the first school I've heard back from and I'm incredibly excited! Didn't expect to hear back from anyone yet! Good luck everyone!

2 hours ago, Katie B said:

School: Texas A&M

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of invite: December 19th

Type of invite: Email from POI (initials AM) letting me know I was invited to the interview weekend and followed by an official email from the Director of Clinical Training on the 21st.

Interview date(s): 1/17-1/18

This is the first school I've heard back from and I'm incredibly excited! Didn't expect to hear back from anyone yet! Good luck everyone!

Congrats, such great news before the holidays! Since I’m still waiting for word from them from a different PI, did you get the feel that the email from the DCT yesterday was mass or personalized? Trying to determine whether I should still have hope. Good luck!! ?

7 hours ago, 21ny14 said:

No response yet from the poster. Not for Penn State and not from @panic for UNC Chapel Hill

Have not received invitation for in-person interview to UNC; as others have indicated, as far as I know these invitations will not be extended until after the holidays.

On 12/22/2018 at 8:52 PM, rainydaychai said:

Congrats, such great news before the holidays! Since I’m still waiting for word from them from a different PI, did you get the feel that the email from the DCT yesterday was mass or personalized? Trying to determine whether I should still have hope. Good luck!! ?

I would say that it was more of a mass email, she sent it to me individually but all it contained was the attachment with the official invitation and a sentence saying that she had attached it. Good luck, I hope you hear soon!

I have a question. I recently submitted an article for publication as first author, and I listed it as "under review" on my CV at the time of my application submission. It just got accepted for publication. Is it worth it to email POIs indicating that it has been accepted, or does it not make much of a difference?

14 minutes ago, clinicalnerd said:

I have a question. I recently submitted an article for publication as first author, and I listed it as "under review" on my CV at the time of my application submission. It just got accepted for publication. Is it worth it to email POIs indicating that it has been accepted, or does it not make much of a difference?

Congrats on your publication! I would bring it along to the interviews or offer to share it during interviews. But I wouldn’t email POIs just to tell them that it got accepted. I personally think that it would sound pushy. Not sure how others feel about this. 

You sound like an excellent candidate! Trust the process ?

2 hours ago, Iseseogodeo said:

Hello everyone- can those of you who have heard back from UWyoming let me know who your POI is?

Check your messages :) One PI appears to have sent multiple invites to multiple people, either she’s enthusiastic or she has openings for multiple students lol.

The other PIs: radio silence.

5 minutes ago, ASDadvocate said:

Congrats on your publication! I would bring it along to the interviews or offer to share it during interviews. But I wouldn’t email POIs just to tell them that it got accepted. I personally think that it would sound pushy. Not sure how others feel about this. 

You sound like an excellent candidate! Trust the process ?

Thank you! I thought so too, but just wanted to get another opinion. Good luck to you!

School: Montclair State University

Type: PhD Clinical Psychology

Date of Invite: Dec. 21, 2018

Type of invite: Email from director of clinical training

Interview date(s): 2/7 (welcome event) 2/8 (interview day)

Feel free to PM me for POI initials!

Edited by psychmajor2394