Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

16 minutes ago, imonfire98 said:

School: Miami University of Ohio

Type: PhD PROGRAM

Date of invite: 12/19/2018

Type of invite: Phone call from POI

Interview date(s): FEB 4TH AND 8TH

I'm literally so excited and I am freaking out! Praise JESUS!

Congratulations!!!! :) Would you mind PM-ing me your POI?! 

21 hours ago, checkingmyemail said:

Just when I was starting to heal from a rejection....... U of Kentucky PhD Clinical Invite - Can you PM me and let me know if it was a mass or individual invite? And your POI if you feel comfortable :( thank you!

Same please

8 minutes ago, PsychedforPsych2 said:

out of curiosity, those of you who have been invited for interviews, did you typically follow-up with your POI after submitting you application or no?

For both of the schools I was invited to interview at so far, I did not have any contact with my POI until they reached out for interviews. Both listed very clearly their interests and whether they were accepting students on their website, so I didnt find it necessary to reach out.

9 minutes ago, PsychedforPsych2 said:

out of curiosity, those of you who have been invited for interviews, did you typically follow-up with your POI after submitting you application or no?

I didn't either, but I emailed some of my POIs before I applied (so far, one of these POIs has invited me to interview). However, I only did this when it wasn't clearly listed on their website if they were planning to admit students - asking if they were was my way to start the conversation without seeming like I was trying to influence their decision before all applications were in.

26 minutes ago, Clickingrefresh said:

Has anyone heard anything from Utah State, UT-Knoxville, Ole Miss, or U of Wyoming? 

I had a preliminary phone interview with Wyoming on Monday, and my PI said they'd be letting us know by the end of the week if we were invited to interviews. Not sure if that's everyone in the department (or if you also had a prelim interview) but I haven't heard anything since! 

Guest Clickingrefresh
28 minutes ago, spookycat said:

I had a preliminary phone interview with Wyoming on Monday, and my PI said they'd be letting us know by the end of the week if we were invited to interviews. Not sure if that's everyone in the department (or if you also had a prelim interview) but I haven't heard anything since! 

Congrats on landing a phone interview, hope it went well! If you're comfortable with it, would you mind DM'ing me your POI's initials? 

School: Marquette University

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date Of Invite: 12/19/18

Type of Invite: Email from DCT with my PI CCed on it

Interview date: 1/28/19 OR 2/1/19 OR 2/4/19 - I can choose which date I want to attend

I am SO excited as this is one of my top choices!

Edited by PsychM

Guest Clickingrefresh
5 minutes ago, El_Gaucho said:

Just got my rejection from USU. Not sure what happened here; I thought I had a good conversation with the POI. Anywho...que sera sera

I just got that email too ?