Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

7 minutes ago, featherfloat said:

Lolol I'm annoyed but also know I'm very unlikely to get an interview for both (seeing as UNC has already extended some invites) so I REFUSE to stress about it at this point :P

Keep the faith alive! UNC’s notification deadline is January 18th. There’s a high likelihood that they will still reach out to people in the next two weeks! 

14 minutes ago, justneedone2019 said:

Can those who have received interview invites for Penn State please DM me your POIs? Thanks in advance!

Same, please!

sorry for quoting you and giving you a false notification, I havent heard from pennstate yet 

On 12/5/2018 at 11:31 AM, brainwrangler said:

Are phone/Skype interviews fair game for this post? If so:

School: U of Arizona Clinical Psych

Type: PhD

Date of invite: Dec 3

Type of invite: Email from POI

Interview date(s): Invited to interview "this week or early next week"

@brainwrangler Could you PM me your PI?

On 12/10/2018 at 2:52 PM, Schrödinger's Other Cat said:

School: University of Massachusetts, Amherst

Date of invite: December 7, 2018

Type of invite: Personalized email from POI, informal interview

Interview date(s): December 17, 2018

Would you mind PMing me your PI's initials as well?

Not an interview invite, but I received an email from one school this morning confirming my application was complete (even though it was submitted December 1st) and that the committee would begin reviewing all apps in January. Feels late, but really isn't in the grand scope of things, considering how many clinical applicants there must have been. Don't lose hope if you haven't heard from anyone yet!!

School: University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Date of invite: January 3rd

Type of invite: Phone call from POI

Interview date(s): Invited to the Interview & Recruitment weekend Feb. 15-17

OH MY GOD I am positively beaming with excitement. Top choice school and my first invite, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Feel free to DM asking for POI!

If either of the two people with invites from MSU happen to see this, would you mind messaging me your POI? I haven’t seen any invite posts on this thread about MSU, but there are two entries on the results page.

Thanks and congratuIations!!

Edit: Also, were invites extended by POIs or by the program itself for Michigan State? I’m trying to gauge what my chances might be at this point.

Edited by SugarAndPsych

8 minutes ago, p!nkfreud said:

Congrats to everyone on their interviews!! Does anyone know if invites have rolled out from University of Pittsburgh? 

Thanks!

No they haven’t yet. Probably not for another week or two based off what my friend who’s a second year there said. 

Just now, hopefulgrad2019 said:

No they haven’t yet. Probably not for another week or two based off what my friend who’s a second year there said. 

Good lord, I'm going to develop an ulcer waiting that one out. Thanks for the prompt response, friend! Best of luck to you :)

Do programs usually send out all of the invitations on the same day? If I haven't heard from a program that another person heard from, should I assume that I was rejected?

1 minute ago, aer621 said:

Do programs usually send out all of the invitations on the same day? If I haven't heard from a program that another person heard from, should I assume that I was rejected?

Not necessarily. A lot of programs have applications being looked over by POIs who go at their own speed depending on the faculty member; someone may have heard from one POI who received 2 apps vs someone else who received 20 and there can be a delay for that reason (just my thought process).

2 minutes ago, davidfreire20 said:

Not necessarily. A lot of programs have applications being looked over by POIs who go at their own speed depending on the faculty member; someone may have heard from one POI who received 2 apps vs someone else who received 20 and there can be a delay for that reason (just my thought process).

What about for Psy.D. programs? Do you think this is also the case? (since we're not applying to work with specific faculty members)

Edited by aer621

5 hours ago, mwood126 said:

No news on FIU yet! Hopefully this week or early next week

thank god! I actually was just able to get my application sent to my faculty department for review today... they had my transcripts but were holding them because of a miscommunication...I spent hours on the phone with them yesterday. So I am hoping my app wont be delayed

also, how does everyone seem to know when they will be contacted for interview if they will be contacted? like FIU for example, are you going off of past years?

1 hour ago, checkingmyemail said:

Can peeps please PRIVATELY MESSAGE individuals on here with “requests for POIs”? 

No need to quote people’s invites.... to ask them..... to message you...... ?

+1! 

Y'all how about for formatting, when people post their interviews they can say either 1) dm for poi or 2) don't contact for POI, that would make things a lot smoother to read and less of a spamfest. Also that way we can respect people's preferences instead of hounding them for information they might not be comfortable sharing.

3 minutes ago, higaisha said:

Also that way we can respect people's preferences instead of hounding them for information they might not be comfortable sharing.

THIS. 

I had someone apparently get upset(?!) I didn't answer them immediately about the Memphis invite yesterday evening after several hrs of her message. I think the person blocked me or something, I went to answer this morning from my laptop (since my phone was acting up) and the msg. thread wasn't there anymore ?

46 minutes ago, checkingmyemail said:

I had someone apparently get upset(?!) I didn't answer them immediately about the Memphis invite yesterday evening after several hrs of her message. I think the person blocked me or something, I went to answer this morning from my laptop (since my phone was acting up) and the msg. thread wasn't there anymore ?

Less work for you, I guess ?