Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

4 hours ago, checkingmyemail said:

Can peeps please PRIVATELY MESSAGE individuals on here with “requests for POIs”? 

No need to quote people’s invites.... to ask them..... to message you...... ?

Scary how many times this has been said in the thread

I am shaking and crying I received an interview invite to Nebraska. I have an undergrad GPA of 3.2 so I was honestly not expecting this beyond my wildest dreams

School: University of Nebraska Lincoln

Type: PhD

Date of invite: January 3, 2018

Type of invite: Personalized email from POI for phone call and interview weekend, formal invite to follow

Interview date(s): Feb 15-17

Edited by presentfancies

5 minutes ago, presentfancies said:

I am shaking and crying I received an interview invite to Nebraska. I have an undergrad GPA of 3.2 so I was honestly not expecting this beyond my wildest dreams

Not bad for being a first time applicant ;) congrats!

Just now, psycash said:

What time of day is everyone usually getting their emails for interviews? I know it is very probable that it varies so widely... but maybe there is a method to the madness? 

I got my interview from Florida a little after 11am. I’ve been trying to gauge the same thing 

3 minutes ago, hopefulgrad2019 said:

I got my interview from Florida a little after 11am. I’ve been trying to gauge the same thing 

Thanks!! Which school in Florida was it and when were you asked to interview? If you dont mind me asking. 

Edited by psycash

15 minutes ago, psycash said:

What time of day is everyone usually getting their emails for interviews? I know it is very probable that it varies so widely... but maybe there is a method to the madness? 

There is no method to the madness unfortunately. It’s crazy. I got an invite e-mail from a DCT on a Saturday night, totally unexpected.. LOL

I got mine at literally 11pm (out of the blue am I right?) and felt so awk emailing back at that time because I thought those late emails were unprofessional and they were gonna look at me weird if I responded that late.

3 hours ago, presentfancies said:

Date of invite: January 3, 2018

Type of invite: Personalized email from POI for phone call and interview weekend, formal invite to follow

Interview date(s): Feb 15-17

Yaaaaaaay! Happy for you.

School: John Jay College at City University of New York (CUNY) 

Type: PhD (Clinical Psychology only, not the joint program) 

Date of invite: January 4, 2018

Type of invite: Email from DCT 

Interview date(s): Friday February 1st, with welcome reception the evening of Jan 31

I posted this on the results board just now too. Feel free to PM me for POI's. I'm so unbelievably excited.  Brb, going to go breathe into a paper bag... 

School: John Jay College of Criminal Justice at City University New York (CUNY)

Type: PhD Clinical Psychology

Date of invite: January 4, 2018

Type of invite: Email from DCT 

Interview date(s): 2/1 with option for reception on 1/31 (gave option for skype/phone invite)

Feel free to reach out for POI but there was not a specific person mentioned in my invite. Willing to share interests/applicant data if interested.

P.S. this is my #1 school and my 3rd application cycle, I AM SHAKING IM SO EXCITED. Don't give up hope on your dreams!

On 12/8/2018 at 7:37 PM, IChoseThePsychoPath said:

School: LSU

Date of invite: December 5, 2018

Type of invite: Call from current student in lab and personalized email from different student in lab 

Interview date(s): Feb. 1, 2019

Was this at Baton Rouge? If so can you pm the poi intials?

34 minutes ago, checkingmyemail said:

Woohoo for veteran applicants! My 3rd time at this rodeo too! I am seriously ROOTING FOR ALL OF US! Rejection sucks!!! lol ❤️ 

I feel that. 3rd time here too! Nice to have some solidarity with others :)

1 hour ago, El_Gaucho said:

I feel that. 3rd time here too! Nice to have some solidarity with others :)

1 hour ago, IndyRoo said:

I'm another 3rd timer... hopefully third time is the charm. Good luck!

I've reached my liking limit (as always LOL) but I am very excited to find out where we all end up! ❤️ 

Looks like I am a reject for Mississippi State ? Bummer...I thought I would be a good candidate for this place. 

I think the real mystery of the universe is solving the clinical psychology application and acceptance process...it may be an important mechanism that has a significant impact on the space/time continuum...

1 hour ago, PsychedforPsych2 said:

to the University of Texas at Austin poster on the results page, was that for the clinical phd program?

Saw this and was also wondering. However, it says they were invited December 19th, which is within a day of when two people posted UT Austin Counseling Psychology invitations, and UT invited clinical people mid-ish January last year, so I feel like it's safe to assume it was counseling, or at least not clinical.