Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

School: University of Indianapolis 

Type: PsyD

Date of invite: 12/20/2018

Type of invite: Mass email

Interview date(s): Looks like they are going to be January 17th and 18th. 

I was honestly shocked! Has anyone heard anything from Wright State?

School: University of Missouri- St. Louis 

Type: Ph.D.

Date of invite: 1/4/19

Type of invite: Voice mail

Interview date(s): 2/1/19

Received the phone call from a professor who isn’t one of my PIs and doesn’t seem to be the director. Waiting on more info in an email!

School: University of Notre Dame 

Type: Ph.D.

Date of invite: 1/3/19

Type of invite: Personalized Email/Skype Interview

Interview date(s): Skype Interview next week

1 of the 2 professors mentioned in the email is someone I applied to work with. No mention of the other PI I applied to. 

——

SO excited. Second timer here!! PM me for POI details. 

Edited by gottagetthedata

hey! are you guys asking your poi's questions now over email or are you waiting till the interview? my poi invited me to reach out with any questions i may have but idk if to wait till the interview rather than bother him with a lot of questions over email. however, i don't want to seem uninterested by not sending questions. help lol

4 hours ago, imonfire98 said:

hey! are you guys asking your poi's questions now over email or are you waiting till the interview? my poi invited me to reach out with any questions i may have but idk if to wait till the interview rather than bother him with a lot of questions over email. however, i don't want to seem uninterested by not sending questions. help lol

Just some personal though process: I think now should be a good time to ask any interview-related questions (i.e., specific questions regarding the interview day/weekend, whoelse will you meet besides your POI). If you don’t have any questions but still want to stay connected with your POI, maybe one thing you can do is to ask your POI if they can send you their most recent publications that are in press. I personally didn’t do this and only inquired about interview preparations before my interviews. I believe professors and programs expect students to discuss stuff in depth at the interview. 

9 hours ago, letsgetclinicalclinical said:

Hi, to the ASU poster, was the interview invite a mass email? Thanks! You can feel free to DM me if you feel more comfortable doing so! 

It was a mass invite.

By the way- There’s a different thread for questions regarding POIs/invites popping up on TGC results page. 

Edited by checkingmyemail

I know this week will be busy with schools extending interview invites so I'm preparing myself for a week of anxiously refreshing my email. Two interviews so far:

School: University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

Type: Ph.D.

Date of invite: 12/17/2018

Type of invite: Email from POI

Interview date(s): 1/25/2019

School: Virginia Commonwealth University

Type: Ph.D.

Date of invite: 1/1/2019

Type of invite: Email form POI

Interview date(s): 2/15/2019 (Actual date is 1/25, but couldn't make it because of UWM, so this was offered as alternative day)

Feel free to PM for POI names! Good luck to everyone!

Edited by ClinPsych2019

School: University at Albany

Type: Counseling Psychology PhD

Date of invite: 1/7/19

Type of invite: Mass email

Interview date(s): 1/22/19

So excited! This is my second invite. My first one came in November from Nova Southeastern University for their Clinical Psychology PhD program, and I interviewed with them in mid December. Still waiting to hear back from them but hopeful !!!

On 1/4/2019 at 3:03 PM, ClinPsych2019 said:

Has anyone heard from U of Colorado Colorado Springs, specifically the trauma track?? I think interview day is 2/1 and I'm getting nervous!!

Nothing yet, ughhh can't stand waiting.... 

On 1/3/2019 at 9:40 AM, TheDidacticStudent said:

Omg I applied to Wyoming too, just praying they are still sending out invites!

Someone just told me their POI for Wyoming (which was one of the ones I applied to work with) has extended all invites.

So, thus far, 2 faculty have extended all invites...... and I haven't heard sh%t over here ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ?

16 minutes ago, hereistohoping said:

Is it pretty typical to just not hear back from a program? Or will they all eventually send out rejection notices? 

Both are typical. Some sent their rejection notice right away. I heard ppl say chances are very low if you don't heard anything after Jan15. I guess that might be the case for me this year...