Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

2 hours ago, ninjasub2 said:

Is it necessary for girls to wear a jacket to interviews?

It's a personal preference. I wore a full pantsuit with a jacket to my interviews (jacket was a great way to hide my stress-sweating lol). I had considered not wearing it, or wearing something less traditional than a pantsuit in order to "stand out". I eventually decided to play it safe and go the more traditional route; the feedback I got from others was that generally you should wear whatever you want and are most comfortable in, BUT it is better to play it more conservative because you never know how conservative or old-fashioned your PI/another faculty might be.

4 hours ago, ninjasub2 said:

Not necessary, but is it common, especially for clinical psychology programs. Of all of my interviews thus far, only one individual did not wear a suit jacket or blazer. I think it is SO IMPORTANT to wear whatever you're most comfortable in and feel your best in... but I will say that the one individual who did not wear a blazer definitely looked a bit out of place sitting next to those of us who wore a blazer.

3 hours ago, humanisticPOV said:

It's a personal preference. I wore a full pantsuit with a jacket to my interviews (jacket was a great way to hide my stress-sweating lol). I had considered not wearing it, or wearing something less traditional than a pantsuit in order to "stand out". I eventually decided to play it safe and go the more traditional route; the feedback I got from others was that generally you should wear whatever you want and are most comfortable in, BUT it is better to play it more conservative because you never know how conservative or old-fashioned your PI/another faculty might be.

Bahaha re stress sweating. This is so much my life. Probs end up hiding tissues in there ?

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but for folks who struggle with armpit sweat, I HIGHLY recommend these shirts:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BF83PZD/?coliid=I4C2WYLSKB5QK

I have hyperhydrosis (basically means I sweat like nobody's business) and these shirts absorb it all. Practically magic. I bought myself 7 (one for each day of the week) and they have never failed me. They're thin enough to wear under a dress shirt without being uncomfortable.

Edited by dancedementia

Can the person who was just accepted to Stony Brook post their PI/more details?

I was told by my PI that the faculty would meet next week to discuss admissions offers and that I would hear back after that. So, I’m shocked to see an(other) acceptance already handed out...

Found out through twitter that a girl was accepted already lol

Edited by 21n14l

1 hour ago, 41l1!I2 said:

I was told by my PI that the faculty would meet next week to discuss admissions offers and that I would hear back after that. So, I’m shocked to see an(other) acceptance already handed out...

Same situation here! 

On 2/9/2019 at 11:41 AM, ninjasub2 said:

I never do.  They aren’t comfortable and the sleeves are always too long for me so I avoid them. Honestly I firmly believe that you should dress in a way that’s comfortable for you and in something that makes you feel confident. As long as youre not wearing jeans or anything that’s obviously not appropriate for a professional interview and it looks like you put some effort into how you’re presenting yourself I think your fine. 

Has anyone actually received acceptances from any Miami (FL) psychology program? I know there have been a few rejections and there was a post saying clinical selections had been made, but has anyone been notified? I haven't seen anything from any of that school's programs, which makes me think/hope there is some departmental alignment/processing happening before anything goes out.

Edited by yeahsouh

23 hours ago, 41l1!I2 said:

I would also love to know the PI for Stony Brook. Top choice for me. Thanks, I really appreciate it!

23 hours ago, 41l1!I2 said:

Please PM me POI initials!

Edited by SC9016

39 minutes ago, Darren S said:

Not yet... :( they’re still working and reviewing some applicants. 

Omg thank you I feel a lot better now I was so nervous that they sent them out already. It’s probably going to be like tomorrow latest friday

8 minutes ago, Dee C said:

Omg thank you I feel a lot better now I was so nervous that they sent them out already. It’s probably going to be like tomorrow latest friday

I’m nervous too! Trust me, it’s so hard. I know some people already got invites, but a pool of us they’re still reviewing. 

On 2/11/2019 at 12:39 PM, psych2315 said:

Anybody know if Kean U PsyD sent out all interview invites?

This is my question also. I am going to reach out to them today to find out. I remember reading on the website that application will be evaluated according to the order received (and mine was received right on the deadline day).