2019 Acceptances

Looks like Irvine's sending out official e-mail notices now. Phone acceptance now in writing, with a Regents' Fellowship attached to it too :) This is still very surreal, can't believe I'm going back to school... and to one of my favorite UCs as well.

Good luck to everyone! It looks like the UC system as a whole is approaching the finish line with admissions. There's a rogue Riverside acceptance on the board, but there hasn't been a flood of notifications yet from UCR.

I got into UConn PhD (not on the board yet). I received the email about 6-7 hours ago. I don’t even know what I’m feeling. I’d completely accepted another shut-out and was talking myself into alternative plans that now it doesn’t seem real and I don’t think it has even hit me yet. 

For future reference, it is a 5 year offer to TA from Y1. Specific duties will be sent in the future. I’m an African-Americanist. If anyone wants info PM me. Also if anyone has info on UConn (like CoL, campus, etc.), please PM me, too.

Thank you to everyone who was supportive through this process. Other than my wife you’re the first people I’ve told.

Just now, WildeThing said:

I got into UConn PhD (not on the board yet). I received the email about 6-7 hours ago. I don’t even know what I’m feeling. I’d completely accepted another shut-out and was talking myself into alternative plans that now it doesn’t seem real and I don’t think it has even hit me yet. 

For future reference, it is a 5 year offer to TA from Y1. Specific duties will be sent in the future. I’m an African-Americanist. If anyone wants info PM me. Also if anyone has info on UConn (like CoL, campus, etc.), please PM me, too.

Thank you to everyone who was supportive through this process. Other than my wife you’re the first people I’ve told.

SO happy for you!  Congratulations :)

51 minutes ago, WildeThing said:

I am THRILLED for you!!!!!!!!! 

Just now, carverb743 said:

Has everyone who has been rejected accepted or waitlisted heard back from UVA?

Has anyone not heard back from UVA? I haven't yet so I'm trying to decide what that means. 

I haven't heard anything from them. I'm trying to decide if this is an implied rejection, or if they are notifying in waves. At this point, I'm mostly assuming the former. 

1 minute ago, carverb743 said:

Has everyone who has been rejected accepted or waitlisted heard back from UVA?

Has anyone not heard back from UVA? I haven't yet so I'm trying to decide what that means. 

also haven't heard back either way, so assuming bad news. in past years it looks like waitlist and rejections have gone out just a day or two later - hopefully we'll all know soon! (unless the long weekend means an extended limbo :( )

3 minutes ago, amphilanthus said:

(unless the long weekend means an extended limbo :( )

I'm not sure if this will be the news you want to hear but: I don't think the long weekend will make a difference on when colleges notify. I can't find any college that has that day off.

Just now, Warelin said:

I'm not sure if this will be the news you want to hear but: I don't think the long weekend will make a difference on when colleges notify. I can't find any college that has that day off.

definitely news i'm glad to hear tbh - nothing worse than the wait at this point! thank you for the info, had no idea it wasn't a long weekend for schools.

16 minutes ago, Warelin said:

the University of Washington has President's Day off, but they don't tend to send out acceptances ... for a while yet ...