2019 Acceptances

More of a general question, but is this (2nd week of February) around when people start hearing back if they’ve been accepted? For some reason I keep feeling like this is earlier than usual but I don’t know why. Either way if anyone could shed some light on this so I know how to time buying a gallon of ice cream :P

4 hours ago, FiguresIII said:

Yassss accepted at Berkeley English bbs! Anyone else hear back?

Congratulations!!! Haven't heard anything, but it feels like between Vanderbilt notifying on Sunday and Berkeley (presumably) notifying on Saturday that all hours are fair game? It feels slightly less futile to refresh my email 30 times in 2 minutes. :P

1 hour ago, sad_diamond said:

@JB91 This thread is specifically for people who applied to Literature and Rhet/Comp programs--you will probably have more luck on the Education forum!

Thanks and good luck!

2 hours ago, olfactory said:

Maybe this isn't the right place to post, so please direct me to the right place, but has anyone here heard back from Canadian universities?

Ive heard back with a rejection from Alberta. Nothing from Victoria or UBC yet. 

Got a call from POI at NYU. Voicemail said they have some “very exciting news” ... That means I got in, right? Right?!?! I’ll roll over and die from embarrassment if it means they referred me to their master’s program lol. 

Edited by trytostay

7 minutes ago, trytostay said:

Got a call from POI say NYU. Voicemail said they have some “very exciting news” ... That means I got in, right? Right?!?! I’ll roll over and die from embarrassment if it means they referred me to their master’s program lol. 

Yes, that sounds promising! I don't think they would bother making POIs do marketing calls for the Masters!