2019 Acceptances

1 hour ago, theotherbrontesister said:

In at SUNY Buffalo for their English PhD specializing in Poetics! First acceptance, feels amazing! This is a dream program for me! 

Me too!!! I've gotten in there and UMass with similar funding packages and I'm freaking out! Are you the MFA on the results page? I'm also an MFA (with a non-English BA) 

15 minutes ago, hgtvdeathdrive said:

Me too!!! I've gotten in there and UMass with similar funding packages and I'm freaking out! Are you the MFA on the results page? I'm also an MFA (with a non-English BA) 

Hi! Yes! That's me! I'm also a BA with a non-English BA! Are we the same person? Congratulations!!

Edited by theotherbrontesister

2 hours ago, aporeticpoetic said:

First acceptance at SUNY Buffalo as an English fellow with full funding and tuition remission. So relieved and excited and hyperventilating.

Hi! Same exact package over here! Nice to (virtually) meet you. Are you going to the visit on April 2-3?

23 minutes ago, theotherbrontesister said:

Hi! Same exact package over here! Nice to (virtually) meet you. Are you going to the visit on April 2-3?

Congratulations! I saw one of your earlier posts and we had the same POIs and general interests, so that's cool! And yes, I do intend to visit. I'm still kind of shocked and not really thinking about the logistics of it all right now though. Not sure if they will pay for our visit and whatnot.

49 minutes ago, trytostay said:

Yeah, Rutgers typically isn’t this early! I wonder what specialty? Also odd that there’s only one. 

I noticed from the board that last year people received decisions over the phone with some variability on dates. Maybe some more acceptances will trickle in tomorrow. I, for one, I sure hope so!!