2019 Acceptances

Big congrats to the Brown acceptance!

I've never received a call, so I'm wondering...do the professors who are  calling take into consideration time zones? I assume they are calling students in earlier time zones (I'm on the west coast, it's just turning 8am here) right now...or has anyone received a call at a wildly early/late time? 

Well, Brown has always informed people over emails. A lot of things going differently this year. But it's strange how NO ONE else here has heard anything from them since the notification. They take 18 people, for crying out loud! Someone ought to have heard something! 

5 minutes ago, santraash said:

Well, Brown has always informed people over emails. A lot of things going differently this year. But it's strange how NO ONE else here has heard anything from them since the notification. They take 18 people, for crying out loud! Someone ought to have heard something! 

Right. I'm expecting some rejections to be mixed in today as well. SOMETHING. 

On a separate issue, am I the only person here who has gotten no answer either way from any grad program?! I'm totally in the dark. After today, I think I shall safely assume I am in the "shutout" category. ?‍♂️ 

3 hours ago, Englishandteamakesahappyme said:

On a separate issue, am I the only person here who has gotten no answer either way from any grad program?! I'm totally in the dark. After today, I think I shall safely assume I am in the "shutout" category. ?‍♂️ 

I haven't gotten answers from a bunch of schools who have definitely already decided, but I haven't heard nothing from anyone. =/ 

Fingers crossed for you! 

@Englishandteamakesahappyme @arbie @sugilite That's my post on the board from this morning!!! I am still in utter shock!!!!! Thank you!

5 hours ago, santraash said:

As for Brown phone calls, I agree with @santraash -- I don't think it's the norm (due to previous results and the info I received via phone, which was very specific to my application, but hey, who knows?). I also received a nice acceptance email from the DGS not too long ago, so maybe information will go out shortly if it hasn't already!

Best of luck!!!

9 hours ago, sugilite said:

Big congrats to the Brown acceptance!

I've never received a call, so I'm wondering...do the professors who are  calling take into consideration time zones? I assume they are calling students in earlier time zones (I'm on the west coast, it's just turning 8am here) right now...or has anyone received a call at a wildly early/late time? 

Yes, we're definitely aware of where you are and what the time difference might be. Sometimes makes for some bleary-eyed phone calls to international students ... 

6 hours ago, bwriteshere said:

As for Brown phone calls, I agree with @santraash -- I don't think it's the norm (due to previous results and the info I received via phone, which was very specific to my application, but hey, who knows?). I also received a nice acceptance email from the DGS not too long ago, so maybe information will go out shortly if it hasn't already!

Congrats on Brown, and many more! Looking at your signature, you are a CAN'T MISS applicant!!! 

Accepted at Rutgers :) got a nice phone call from a POI. funny to me that i did well with traditional English programs and poorly with interdisciplinary programs when i thought it would be the opposite.