Acceptances

The_Last_Thylacine

7 hours ago, laxdog28 said:

Been lurking until now. I received an email offering acceptance to Oxford's BPhil earlier this morning! No funding details yet, but should hear no later than April 12. Congrats to everyone who has already been accepted somewhere and good luck to all going forward!

Welcome, and congratulations on your offer! :D

5 hours ago, nonbeingandsomethingness said:

In at University of arizona!!

Ayy, congrats!

2 hours ago, plzdisismyyear said:

I'm kind of suspicious about that one, there's only that one in the acceptance thread and I haven't seen anyone claim it.

9 hours ago, allcarboncenter said:

Does anyone have information about the Brown acceptances? 

It has been confirmed in the FB message group. 

Accepted into University of Georgia,  funding:  "it is unclear as to whether we will be able to support you in this regard, but matters should clarify within a few weeks, and so I shall inform you of developments as they arise, but I wanted you to know the central good news of your acceptance into the program first anyway. It is even possible that we may make additional awards after April 15th if not sooner." 

Does this mean no funding, wait listed or what? Does anyone ever take unfunded offers and somehow make it work? For context: they have a TA right now in the news for lecturing racist stuff calling his white students autistic, he probably will be let go. Maybe funding is wrapped up in this decision

34 minutes ago, benjammin997 said:

Accepted into University of Georgia,  funding:  "it is unclear as to whether we will be able to support you in this regard, but matters should clarify within a few weeks, and so I shall inform you of developments as they arise, but I wanted you to know the central good news of your acceptance into the program first anyway. It is even possible that we may make additional awards after April 15th if not sooner." 

Does this mean no funding, wait listed or what? Does anyone ever take unfunded offers and somehow make it work? For context: they have a TA right now in the news for lecturing racist stuff calling his white students autistic, he probably will be let go. Maybe funding is wrapped up in this decision

I would say that it sounds like you are waitlisted for funding. In general, it is not recommended to pay for a MA in philosophy (there are other people on here who have spoken at length about that, so I'd recommend finding their posts!). At my previous MA institution, I don't believe any unfunded student finished while I was there. To be honest, I'm not quite tracking the relevancy of mentioning the TA? Would it have an impact on you in some sense? (This is meant as a legitimate question, not a sarcastic one. Also, since I don't want to clutter this feed I'm PMing you some info about that situation since there are a lot of distorted narratives going around and we as a discipline need to be mindful of such things)

18 hours ago, senyirauxa said:

accepted to rutgers

Congrats! Did you get your call from DGS, POI, or someone else? Did they give any information as to whether there are any more offers to go around?

7 minutes ago, bluwe said:

Congrats! Did you get your call from DGS, POI, or someone else? Did they give any information as to whether there are any more offers to go around?

Pretty sure everyone who got a spot already got calls, sorry.

5 hours ago, bluwe said:

I got a call from DGS - he didn't say anything about whether there are any more offers, sorry!

6 hours ago, bluwe said:

I was also accepted to Rutgers yesterday! I was traveling and didn't have access to my phone, so I missed a call from the DGS. He sent me an email, which I didn't see until today, offering me admission and sharing the date of the official visit. Unfortunately, I don't have any more information as to whether or not there are more offers to be made. However,  I'll be sure to post here and let you know if I hear anything else. Sorry I can't be more help. Good luck!

3 hours ago, laxdog28 said:

I was also accepted to Rutgers yesterday! I was traveling and didn't have access to my phone, so I missed a call from the DGS. He sent me an email, which I didn't see until today, offering me admission and sharing the date of the official visit. Unfortunately, I don't have any more information as to whether or not there are more offers to be made. However,  I'll be sure to post here and let you know if I hear anything else. Sorry I can't be more help. Good luck!

Congratulations! And very good of you to be generous with the info. :)