Acceptances

The_Last_Thylacine

3 hours ago, ddc22 said:

Yes. That's me. I think the rest of the acceptances will come later because they are funded differently. Somehow I got a fellowship for the first two years with normal funding after that.

Best of luck!

Congrats! I did my undergrad at Boulder. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions. 

1 hour ago, Eudaimon said:

Has anyone heard anything from McGill? They go on study break this next week, so I'm assuming notifications should be out before then. 

From what I have heard, my guess is that within the next 2-3 business days that we will find out!

On 2/27/2019 at 3:21 PM, KittyPlaut said:

Does anyone know what's happening with Syracuse? I saw some people were waitlisted, but no confirmed acceptances - do waitlists get released first sometimes?

Not sure if I remembered to post that one. Can confirm that I got accepted on Feb 11 (really nice email from DGS). Have since declined the offer.

Anyone else previously get rejected by Notre Dame (via email telling them to check the portal) and then get an email from the DGS this evening telling them that they've been accepted?

Hi guys! I've mostly been obsessively watching the results page but finally decided to join you lovely people on the forum.

I got accepted to Princeton on Monday (2/25)! Planning to accept their offer, so I'm declining the other two offers I was considering (UNC and Arizona). Hope this helps someone!

11 minutes ago, laxdog28 said:

Anyone else previously get rejected by Notre Dame (via email telling them to check the portal) and then get an email from the DGS this evening telling them that they've been accepted?

This could mean that many of their initial acceptance and waitlisted people denied their offers. Or just s big ass mishap ha

On 3/1/2019 at 12:17 AM, laxdog28 said:

True, but I haven't seen any ND acceptances yet... did I miss something?

There was one report of a ND acceptance earlier this evening on the FB chat. That was the only one I've seen reported so far

7 hours ago, laxdog28 said:

I had this happen with Brown but the other way around, I was told by the DGS that I hadn't been accepted but then I got an email from the grad school informing me that I was accepted. I emailed the DGS again and it turned out I was indeed accepted haha

So I emailed ND this morning to find out if I was still being considered for admission and I am having difficulty interpreting his reply. Here was professor Franks' response:

"Yes, we just sent out our first few admissions offers last night. (The first round of rejections were last week.)

I will create an initial wait-list after the initial admissions are finalized. Depending on how many people reject our offer right away (which varies wildly year to year) you might yet get an initial admissions offer in time to visit during the recruitment week. Otherwise, I would expect you to be on the wait-list, which will be announced probably Monday or Tuesday"

I don't know if I am being blinded by my optimism that I am unable to read plain English, but it sounds like I am either going to get accepted or wait listed; but then, in what sense was there only a 'first round of rejections'; that is, there must be at least a second round, no? 

9 minutes ago, VentralStream said:

you might yet get an initial admissions offer in time to visit during the recruitment week. Otherwise, I would expect you to be on the wait-list

It seems pretty clear that you will be receiving good news soon (if any news that is not a straight-up rejection is good news). I know it probably seems crazy to be optimistic, but I would be in this particular instance.

1 hour ago, akraticfanatic said:

Yup, a few of us were waitlisted the other day and I've heard tell of acceptances being released as well. 

Oh, thanks for letting me know!